New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Intuos battery issues?

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
01ds650

Intuos battery issues?

Postby 01ds650 » Mon 28. Aug 2017, 14:09

Model number -PTH-451
Hello. I did a search and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I bought my tablet approx 3 years ago. It has done this in the past on occasion but now does it constantly. What happens is I run my tablet wirelessly and now as soon as I turn it on it will shutoff it 5-45 seconds. So I click it on, start using the pen in PS and and as I'm using it it shuts off.

Wacom gave me a bunch of info about RF interference etc. Except that had never been an issue before. So I haven't done anything there yet.

Here's what I noticed. On wireless the battery says 74% but keeps shutting off. I plug it into the computer and it jumps to 92%. That seems weird to me. So I charged it to 100% and tried it wirelessly, no luck and the battery states 100%.

I plug it into the computer again and the battery says 97% full, but the tablet works.

So I'm wondering if it's not just a battery issue? Thoughts?

I see there is a "wireless kit" I can purchase that includes the battery, usb dongle & sending unit for $37 US. Hoping maybe that's all I need.
Thanks.

wacom1

Re: Intuos battery issues?

Postby wacom1 » Tue 29. Aug 2017, 07:45

If the battery is charging and the driver reports 70% or more, the battery looks ok and shouldn't be causing such a problem. The issue could be 'powersaving' - if you computer thinks the USB port with the dongle is not used, it may just turn off power to the port. You can try using other USB ports, do not connect the dongle through a hub, check the USB power saving options in your operating system. - If you are using a Mac, it can help to attache the USB dongle with a USB extension cable, so the dongle is further away from the Mac and avoids interference. - A good idea would also be test on another computer and see, if same thing happens.

Return to “Pen Tablets”