New user account
If you have trouble to create a new user account and do not receive a confirmation Email, please contact our customer support https://www.wacom.com/en-gb/support and we will manually approve your account.
Please send an Email in which you tell us that you agree our Wacom privacy policy. Thank you for your understanding.

Wacom Drivers
June 2018: New drivers released version 6.3.30-6 for Win and 6.3.30-2 for Mac, with various bugfixes. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?:https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-register-my-Wacom-device%2525253F&guideId=4244ade8-634a-433c-88b4-31d83e63226c

Click Select using Pages on Mac

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
Rockfax

Click Select using Pages on Mac

Postby Rockfax » Wed 30. Aug 2017, 09:14

When trying to select text in Pages (and other Apple Apps like Numbers and Keynote), I have to hold down Shift in order to select otherwise it drops the selection before I can edit. This doesn't happen with other mice (mouses).

Is this a feature or a bug? If the former then it is annoying.

franque

Re: Click Select using Pages on Mac

Postby franque » Sat 9. Sep 2017, 10:16

I think it's a bug, I have the same problem when I try to select text in Pages.
To need to hold down Shift without dropping the selection I found out by coincidence.

wacom4

Postby wacom4 » Mon 11. Sep 2017, 07:45

This is a known issue in Pages - and some other Apple software.
Unless Apple changes their way of handling pen input (currently the apps react to too many "events"), Wacom cannot help.

Rockfax

Postby Rockfax » Mon 11. Sep 2017, 08:06

This is a known issue in Pages - and some other Apple software.
Unless Apple changes their way of handling pen input (currently the apps react to too many "events"), Wacom cannot help.

This isn't the first time I have heard this response from Wacom. Similar replies were given to the accidental double-click issue (which still isn't solved BTW despite your latest update release notes claiming it is).

Are you going to start telling people before they buy a Wacom that it won't function properly with the current Apple OS?

edumac

Postby edumac » Tue 16. Jan 2018, 06:03

I get the same problem High Sierra, and notice it to Wacom AND Apple's support : Wacom says it is not their problem and Apple does not reply.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Tue 16. Jan 2018, 07:52

Handling text selection is not tablet driver functionality. Since it works well in other apps it looks clearly like a problem in Pages and bugs in Pages can only be fixed by Apple.

Rockfax

Postby Rockfax » Tue 16. Jan 2018, 11:10

This seems to be Wacom's standard reply to anything involving the latest Mac operating system. I have had to give up using the Wacom now since it basically doesn't work with Sierra or High Sierra. Shame. I spent 15 years using my current tablet and an older one before and loved both of them while they worked.

I have already commented that I think Wacom's attitude of "it's Apple's problem", while actively selling the devices to Apple users, is pretty disingenuous.

edumac

Postby edumac » Tue 16. Jan 2018, 19:38

I agree

Wacom doesn't mind of customers and refuses to solve troubles caused by drivers. Mac users/developers work WITH Apple not against Apple except Wacom. There is not only Wacom tablets for Mac, Huion is coming.

edumac

Postby edumac » Wed 17. Jan 2018, 04:57

Apple asked to me to send bug report but Wacom not.

edumac

Postby edumac » Fri 16. Feb 2018, 05:43

I tested with new driver of Wacom : this is the same Problem. I can't click/select more than one letter into Apple's Pages.

from Wacom

Bonjour,

Merci d'avoir contacté Wacom.

Je suis désolé d'apprendre que vous rencontrez un problème avec la suite iWork d'Apple.

D'après les informations dont je dispose, nos ingénieurs ont déterminé que le problème était relatif à iWorks et non au pilote de la tablette Wacom. Nos équipes travaillent en collaboration avec les équipes d'Apple afin de résoudre ce problème qui ne dispose pour le moment pas de solution, j'en suis navré.

Je vous souhaite une bonne journée.

Cordialement,

Christophe
Equipe de support Client
WACOM
Phone: +33 (0)1 7020 0070
Last edited by edumac on Wed 11. Jul 2018, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Pen Tablets”