New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Transfer settings to updated applications?

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
Lancedboyle

Transfer settings to updated applications?

Postby Lancedboyle » Mon 4. Sep 2017, 16:46

Is there a way to have my wacom settings for, say, Photoshop 2015 transfer to photoshop 2017 after I upgrade? I don't want to have to redo all my wacom settings for each of my upgraded adobe applications.

OCDnibwear

Re: Transfer settings to updated applications?

Postby OCDnibwear » Sat 9. Sep 2017, 12:06

This question perhaps is best asked with Adobe support as it is possibly related to Adobe products as opposed to Wacom.
Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pro Large (2017 "Paper Edition")

Code: Select all

Bus 003 Device 006: ID 056a:0358 Wacom Co., Ltd PTH-860 [Intuos Pro (L)]

wacom4

Postby wacom4 » Mon 11. Sep 2017, 07:30

This is a good proposal for the driver.
I know that this was in discussion a while ago, but need to check with the driver team on the current status.

Lancedboyle

Postby Lancedboyle » Thu 14. Sep 2017, 17:46

It has to do with the naming of the application. Most apps keep the same name even when they get updated, but with Adobe they keep adding CC and the year. So if I spend a few hours getting my wacom tablet all set up for photoshop cc 2017 and then update the program next year to photoshop cc 2018 I can't copy my 2017 settings to the 2018 application. I need to go spend another hour reconfiguring all the settings for the tablet, pen and touch gestures for 2018. I've don't this more than once and it's a pain in the ass.

One thing I'm trying now is renaming the photoshop app to just photoshop cc and seeing if that is going to work, but I have a feeling that there is an underlying nomenclature that will differentiate the 2017 and 2018 versions. We'll see. In the meantime it would be nice to be able to copy settings for one app and paste them into another.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Wed 11. Oct 2017, 12:56

At the moment I am only aware of the option to manually edit the settings (use Wacom Desktop Center to make a local backup of your settings, then open and edit that file in XML format, save it and use it to restore settings in WDC). Would be good to have an easier way for that.

Return to “Pen Tablets”