New driver posted for Mac, version 6.3.25 now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver is still 6.3.24. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

No reliable sync from Bamboo Folio with InkSpace iOS App

Bamboo Spark, Bamboo Slate, Bamboo Folio
mhurler

No reliable sync from Bamboo Folio with InkSpace iOS App

Postby mhurler » Thu 13. Jul 2017, 05:46

Hello,

in the recent weeks I am heavily suffering from inability to sync pages from the Bamboo Folio with the respective iOS app (latest version). On a regular basis pages are shown with a sync symbol (whirling circle), but this always stays like that. Sometime a couple of pages sync again and then the next ones fail again. Having no reliable syncing is jeopardising the whole purpose of the Folio. I have already tried to re-couple the app with the Folio. No effect. I have also reset the Folio (deleting everything that was still not synced), but after a few pages being synced, the problem reoccured.
I do not know what causes the problem ("hopefully" it is maybe "only" the current iOS app). However, if this continues, I will probably just have to get rid of the Folio, as the regular loss of notes (or the fact that I again have to digitize old style), simply causes to Folio to loose its whole purpose. Just a pity, to have spent this amount of money and after 9 month you just throw it away.

Has anyone an idea on how to tackle my problem? Or is there any information on a potential new version of the iOS app?

Thanks and regards,
Michael

wacom1

Re: No reliable sync from Bamboo Folio with InkSpace iOS App

Postby wacom1 » Thu 13. Jul 2017, 07:34

Do you have a chance to test it with another device ? The Inkspace App for Windows or OSX can now sync to the Folio. That would help to see, if the problem is with the Folio, your iOS or something else. If you get same problem with other devices, the Folio might have a problem in hardware.

lizardb0y

Postby lizardb0y » Tue 1. Aug 2017, 09:51

Hey, Wacom, these are the same problems that I'm still having using my Bamboo Slate with Android. You blamed Android's Bluetooth LE implementation when I reported the problem. Is Apple at fault now too?

mhurler

Postby mhurler » Sun 6. Aug 2017, 08:26

wacom1 wrote:Do you have a chance to test it with another device ? The Inkspace App for Windows or OSX can now sync to the Folio. That would help to see, if the problem is with the Folio, your iOS or something else. If you get same problem with other devices, the Folio might have a problem in hardware.

Hi Wacom1 - sorry for late response. I tried to sync the Folio with the Mac version of the Inkspace app. I have not been able to sync as you described. Everything that I looked up on the Wacom page indicated that it is possible to couple the Intuos Pro, I never found an indication that the Folio can be coupled. If there is a way, can you please let me know how?

Any other idea, what I could try?

Thanks and regards,
Michael

wacom4

Postby wacom4 » Mon 4. Sep 2017, 14:47

The macOS app is currently not able to sync with Folio/Slate unfortunately.
While we work on this issue, could you check if the same happens with any other iPhone or with a compatible Android device?

Return to “Smartpads”