Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Cintiq Pro 24 - Fan Speed:
A firmware update was released that should allow you to adjust the fan speed. Please see: here

Windows 10 Fall 2018 Update:
Updating to the newest Windows 10 Fall update? Wacom has identified a few issues within the latest update. Pan/Scroll is not working correctly in some applications. Also, Modifier Clicks do not work when assigned to pen buttons or ExpressKeys, see the screenshot below. The Wacom driver team has submitted a bug report with Microsoft for these issues and will continue to work with them until it is fixed. More information can be found here: here

Mac OS 10.14 Mojave:
Upgrading to Mac OS 10.14 Mojave? A new Mac OSX security feature requires some additional changes to run the Wacom Driver correctly. Please see the instructions found on our support page here. Also, If you have any issues, please try a clean driver install. Follow the steps here.

Wacom Drivers:
December 2018: New driver released for Windows (6.3.32-3) and Mac (6.3.32-3). Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Inkspace App Updates: http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1949#p5742

Google Chrome Why is Google Chrome not accepting clicks or is lagging?

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Bamboo Ink AES top button bug

Bamboo Stylus (all flavors), Fineline, Intuos Creative Stylus,
docholliday

Bamboo Ink AES top button bug

Postby docholliday » Wed 10. Oct 2018, 14:06

I noticed that another person below had the same issue, but never noted if it was resolved. Anybody from Wacom have an update or fix?

The issue is that the Bamboo Ink, in AES mode, has an issue that it will "stick" the Win key when the top bluetooth button is clicked. I've tried this on 3 different AES laptops (Lenovo X1 yoga, Fujitsu T937, Lenovo X1 tablet). I've also tried the Lenovo driver (7.3.4-52), Wacom Feel Driver (7.3.4-47), and the Wacom Feel UWP driver (7.5.1-34).

It doesn't matter what the single button click is set to - showing the Windows Ink Workspace, opening a program, performing a keyboard combo, or "none". It will often result in the Win key "sticking". For example, clicking the top button to open Onenote works fine, but the Win key will stick so that hitting the "X" to close will not work until the Win key is tapped on the keyboard. Clicking "E" during the stuck period will open Windows Explorer (unwanted).

Opening Powerpoint (which switches the pen buttons to presentation mode) prevents the pen from drawing on the screen until the Win key is tapped to "release" the Win key. It prevents the pen from being useful at all. The ideal situation for this may be something like setting the long-hold on the button to starting Powerpoint, but then you are stuck until you can hit the key - which on convertible units like the X1 Yoga require the unit to be flipped back to access the keyboard (or opening the OSK).

This pretty much prevents the pen from being used - more often than not, the stuck key symptom makes the pen seem unresponsive in apps until one remembers that "oh, Win may be stuck AGAIN".

This has been tried with all the different versions of the driver (the Lenovo version is nothing more than a rebadged/customized version of the Wacom UWP driver), and with multiple version of Win 10 Pro/Enterprise (1607, 1703, 1709). All have been fresh installs from OEM media - no system imaging. It exhibits the problem with no drivers loaded except for just the Wacom driver as well as full driver loads.

wacom5

Re: Bamboo Ink AES top button bug

Postby wacom5 » Wed 10. Oct 2018, 15:01

Thank you for providing these details. I have forwarded this to the team for further analysis.

docholliday

Postby docholliday » Wed 10. Oct 2018, 21:05

Oh, and as an additional note...

The side buttons on the pen don't do anything to "release" the Win ghost. The pen works flawlessly, except when the top button is clicked. If I never join the buttons via BT, or disable the BT after joining, the Win ghost issue never happens (of course, losing functionality of the top button).

I've also noticed that if I have the on-screen keyboard active, the Windows flag key will appear depressed when this is occurring.

docholliday

Postby docholliday » Mon 15. Oct 2018, 11:01

wacom5 wrote:Thank you for providing these details. I have forwarded this to the team for further analysis.

Any word from the dev team on a fix for the bug?

docholliday

Postby docholliday » Tue 16. Oct 2018, 21:30

Any updates?

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Wed 17. Oct 2018, 15:02

The team is working on this issue as well as others. From our side, it's not possible to develop and deploy a solution that quickly. Once a solution is found, normally it's deployed via driver update. There is no ETA for the next release and we cannot guarantee the issue will be fixed in the next release.

docholliday

Postby docholliday » Tue 11. Dec 2018, 12:53

wacom5 wrote:The team is working on this issue as well as others. From our side, it's not possible to develop and deploy a solution that quickly. Once a solution is found, normally it's deployed via driver update. There is no ETA for the next release and we cannot guarantee the issue will be fixed in the next release.

It's been over a month and we haven't seen any driver updates yet...any idea when the next driver (hopefully, with a full fix for this issue) will be coming? The bug is making the pen pretty much unusable!

Return to “Stylus”