NEW tablet driver 6.3.23-4 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Fixed: Problem mit modifiers on keyboard in combination with pentip, accidential double-clicks etc. Last update for an issue with ZBrush navigation.

New version for for Windows 6.3.23-1: Fixed various problems - zooming with expresskeys, 'driver not responding' error message and others.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom Cintiq Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to version 1.2.3.0 to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer. - There is now also such a firmware update for MobileStudio Pro for this issue.

Nib wear

Bamboo Stylus (all flavors), Fineline, Intuos Creative Stylus,
Knasibas

Nib wear

Postby Knasibas » Mon 30. Jan 2017, 14:58

Hi, I just purchased the new intuos pro medium a little more than a week ago, and I've already gone through three nibs. It seems that the plastic of the nibs isn't really suited for the texture of the tablet, and at this rate I'm going to have to buy a new set of nibs something like twice a month.
I think this is completely unacceptable. Right now I don't even dare draw with too much pressure because of the extra wear, and that makes my art suffer as a result. How am I supposed to enjoy drawing and painting if I'm worrying about wear every time I put the pen to the surface?

wacom1

Re: Nib wear

Postby wacom1 » Thu 20. Jul 2017, 09:04

Nib wear depends on nib material and texture of the surface sheet. It is possible to use another surface sheet on the tablet, but it affects the tip feel for the pen. For the different options we reommend to contact Wacom customer care for help in your region. - Some short-term options are: placing some other sheet of material on the tablet: paper, plastic, glass etc as long as it is not metallic. Be aware that touch function may not work through other sheets. The second option is to 'customize' the pen tip feel settings in the driver to be more soft and move the max pressure slider to the left.

Return to “Stylus”