Our online support email form on Wacom.com was down between September 14th and the 18th. If you reached out to our support team during that time but have not heard back from us please re-submit your ticket so we can help. We apologize for any inconvenience in getting a response sooner. http://support.wacom.com/

New driver posting for Mac and Windows. The 6.3.24 driver has an updated user help section and bug fixes including issues related to assigning and entering keystrokes, such as Esc and Shift. Download here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

Apple announced that 10.13 High Sierra will be released on Sep 25th. Wacom is currently working on a driver update to support this OS and will be ready by late Oct. Please note that the existing Wacom driver for 10.12 will NOT work so we suggest not to upgrade to OS 10.13 until the new driver is released.
To learn more, visit: http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

My tablet's pressure issue

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
Vladiverse

My tablet's pressure issue

Postby Vladiverse » Thu 20. Jul 2017, 15:25

Hello, I have a problem with My Intuos Pen S, for some time while I'm drawing with it I started to have an issue with it which is that I have to press pen harder and harder to the tablet surface for it to be working.
When I'm restarting or logging out of the PC and drawing again it works normally for a time, after some time though I have to press it hard again.

I have done a lot of things to fix it, I have even made a full windows reinstall but the problem keeps accouring.

I really don't know what do anymore. It is really hard to work with My tablet.
I don't think that's a problem with the tablet beeing broke becouse tablet often works properly.

I would greatelly apprecate If anyone would happen to know what might be the problem and how to fix it.

wacom1

Re: My tablet's pressure issue

Postby wacom1 » Fri 21. Jul 2017, 06:54

It is possible, that a pen and the pressure sensor in the pen is broken - but that would be permanent and not change when you restart. That sounds like a software problem. However, if the issues comes and goes without restart, something might be wrong in hardware. - So I would first check the pressure in the driver diagnostics (In tablet properties -> About, then Ctrl+Diagnose). Put the pen on the tablet and check the pressure for pentip and eraser. Value should be close to zero before touching the tablet, then go up to the maximum. If that needs much more pressure than normal, pull out the nib, clean it and push it back in - sometimes dust blocks the movement of the tip. Test the reaction in different angles, in rare cases it work correctly only at some tilt angle.)

If the hardware looks ok, reset the driver, make a backup of the driver settings when all is fine and restore settings, when the problem comes back. For software problems also check, if there is some consistent pattern like the problem always shows when running specific software or after certian steps.

Vladiverse

Re: My tablet's pressure issue

Postby Vladiverse » Fri 21. Jul 2017, 15:52

Thanks for a reply, but I have made few observations that could mean that it's a problem with tablet beeing broken. Things like that happen randomly, tablet can suddenly work like I have to press hard, but when I leave it alone for a while it can start working normally.

Also, when I have to press particularly hard to make it work and I check wacom tablet properties it shows Me THE TABLET DRIVER WAS NOT FOUND but it can go back to normal after a while and show up again.

Also when I check diagnose it also shows Me the same thing, tablet reads only hard pressures as touches.

Though I had such problem like a year before and somene fixed it for Me by changing some advanced options I don't even remember now, the problem is this person does not remember how to fix it anymore.
I know it sounds confusing but whole this problem I have with My tablet is indeed very confusing and I have no idea what to do anymore.

Return to “Pen Tablets”