Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Cursor in upper left corner

Re: Cursor in upper left corner

Postby Wacom » Tue 8. Feb 2011, 17:11

Go to device manager, open the Human Interface Devices section and deactivate the entry WacomVirtualHID, then restart Windows.
Wacom

Postby vlee » Tue 8. Feb 2011, 17:58

Wacom wrote:Go to device manager, open the Human Interface Devices section and deactivate the entry WacomVirtualHID, then restart Windows.

This fixed the issue. Thank you for replying so quickly.
vlee

Postby Nobody » Fri 11. Feb 2011, 12:57

Hi again,

I'm seeming to have some bad luck with my Bamboo since this is the second time I'm having to ask for help... Anways, my problem was that the cursor was stuck in the upper left corner of my screen and so I tried every solution I could find here (unfortunetly without success). The only thing is, is that after having deinstalled the Driver and then reinstalled it (which I did once before and the tablet had worked perfectly), my Bamboo doesn't really work at all anymore. The only thing that does work is moving the cursor by touch (over the entire screen not just the upper left corner). Using the pen or clicking with touch doesn't work, neither do the express keys.

Type: Bamboo Pen & Touch Small (CTH-461)
System: Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 3)

By the way, I don't use a multi-display system.
Nobody

Postby Wacom1 » Fri 11. Feb 2011, 15:24

Which driver do you have installed?
The latest ones from our homepage?

Is the pen recognized from the tablet? The LED colour should change when the pen gets near he tablet and the LED should get brighter when the pen hits the tablet.
Additionally you can open the drivers diagnostics window to assure that the pen is working correctly: Open the tablet properties panel, press Ctrl while clicking on About/Info to get the Diagnostics screen. It shows position and pressure of the pen.

If the diagnostics show the pen I would try
1. to remove the driver for all users from the Bamboo Preference File Utility.
2. to remove all driver files from the disk and reinstall the driver again if this doesn't help:
It might be needed to uninstall the Wacom drivers completely from the system.
To reach this:
" Unplug the tablet from the computer.
" Uninstall the driver conventionally
o Windows: From the "Programs and Features" section of the Control Panel
o MacOS: with the Bamboo / Wacom Tablet Utility (Applications -> Bamboo / Wacom Tablet)
" Reboot your system
" Remove the following files from your system
o Windows: "tablet.dat " and "pen_tablet.dat" from all over the hard disk (search as administrator) and search in SYSTEM32 (and on XP64 in SYSWOW64) for files like wintab*.*
o MacOS: Search for all files named com.wacom.wacomtablet.prefs and remove them from your system
Finding the files can be done by e.g. using the shell:
sudo find / -name "com.wacom.wacomtablet.prefs" -print
Then your tablet should be completely removed from the system.
To install the tablet again, plug in the tablet again and install the latest driver for your tablet (from the Wacom Homepage -> Support -> Driver).
Wacom1

Postby Nobody » Sat 12. Feb 2011, 17:22

Thanks for the quick reply!

I had installed the Driver from the Installation CD (I had done the same the first time I'd installed the tablet and the tablet had worked fine till I restarted the computer -> the cursor was stuck in the upper left corner), but for some reason this time the WacomVirtualHID wasn't installed (obviously my tablet doesn't work without it since the solution: deactivating it, had caused the same problem before). Anyways the Tablet LED was on and it did change as soon as the Pen hit the tablet, but nothing happened (no clicking, etc.). I deinstalled the tablet like you mentioned, and yes I used the newest Driver which I'd downloaded from your Homepage when reinstalling it. The great thing is, the tablet works like it used to. The sad thing is, I still continue to have the problem that the cursor is stuck in the upper left corner... If there's a solution for this too, I'd be happy to "read" it! =)

PS: If you need a more detailed description on what I did in chronological order, just ask... ^^
Nobody

Postby MeganHopeless » Sun 17. Apr 2011, 00:35

Hey people! thanks for posting this stuff, but nothing is working for me. ive tried everything i could, and the friggin cursor wont move from the upper left corner!!! i have windows xp, if it matters....see, originally my tablet wasnt working at all, so i had to "fix" it...i reinstalled the newest driver, restarted my computer, switched between usb ports, everything. my computer is also at 100%battery if it matters at all ;) please help me asap!!! i cant bring my tablet back either, ive had it for a while and the problem never occurred... and nothing has been spilled on it or anything, so nothing was "expected" to happen...thanks fellow tablet-users, i could really use the help.
MeganHopeless

Postby MeganHopeless » Sun 17. Apr 2011, 00:39

Wacom wrote:Go to Applications/Programs -> Bamboo/Pen tablet and run 'Remove tablet'. Select the option to remove the tablet preferences only. If it is ok, open the tablet preferences, close and reopen it again (to insure that the settings are properly saved).

how do i get to applications/programs??? i have windows xp if it matters....thanks :)
MeganHopeless

Postby Melomaniac » Mon 18. Apr 2011, 00:07

Ich habe ebenfalls das Problem mit dem Cursor gehabt. Und diverse Vorschläge hier befolgt.

Der Effekt:
nach Neuinstallation, neuestem Treiber , und anderen vorgeschlagenen Spielereien funktioniert jetzt gar nichts mehr.

Touch ist an und macht maximal nen Rechtsklick wenn man draufklickt, das sieht witzig aus, beschäftigt nebenbei, soll doch aber so nicht sein!

Bevor du lieber Wacomschreiberling fragst: Es leuchtet fröhlich alles so wie es soll, und wird auch rot wenn ich mit dem Stift in die Nähe komme, also Stift scheint nicht kaputt, meine Finger im übrigen auch nicht.

Ich habe es gestern erstmals installiert und alles lief spitze, bis zum Neustart meines Notebooks.

achja ich hab XP. und ein touch&pen

und nun liebstes Wacomhelferlein, zu Hilf ich bin verzweifelt.
Melomaniac

Postby Wacom1 » Mon 18. Apr 2011, 10:13

Welche der Lösungswege haben Sie genutzt?

Im Moment scheint es als ob Ihr Treiber nicht mehr richtig funktioniert.
Deshalb würde ich Sie bitten den Treiber komplett zu deinstallieren.
- Das Tablett aus dem USB-Port herausziehe
- Den Treiber deinstallieren.
- Neustart
- Das Tablett wieder einstecken und den neusten Treiber installieren (http://www.wacom.eu/downloads).

Dann sollte das Tablett wieder funktionieren.
Wenn dann der Cursor in der linken oberen "gefangen" ist, bitte nur den Eintrag "Wacom Virtual HID"
im Gerätemanager deaktivieren.
Wacom1

Postby Melomaniac » Mon 18. Apr 2011, 20:27

SUUUUPER!

oh Freude, und wehe das bleibt jetzt nicht so!

Vielen Dank für den schnellen Kommentar, ich habe heute das Tablet auf Arbeit genutzt und bin immer noch begeistert, schön dass mein Laptop es nun auch wieder "mag"

Vielen Dank
Melomaniac

Previous

Return to Bamboo

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu