New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Love my MSP - what happens if I have to reinstall?

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
EricDoggett

Love my MSP - what happens if I have to reinstall?

Postby EricDoggett » Thu 5. Jan 2017, 19:50

Hello everyone -

I'm loving my new MSP which I got this week! One question - I come from a world (at least on the Mac side) where, with a new machine, I get a reinstall disk, or a disk partition with reinstall information, etc. For the MSP, there appears to be none of that. No disc, no "here's how to reinstall windows if necessary", etc.

Is there a way to do that if I need to down the road? Or do I have to send the unit in?

Thanks!

Eric

jonregister

Re: Love my MSP - what happens if I have to reinstall?

Postby jonregister » Mon 9. Jan 2017, 16:08

I would also love to know this as it's been a little worry at the back of my mind as well! How do we even boot to a recovery partition without a keyboard for example? I really would personally like to have some idea what I need to do ahead of time in the event of software disaster.

I've also made the jump over from Apple and am very happy with my purchase, the only concern I have is stories of Wacom's slow / lack of support so someone please prove me wrong (although I realise this is a community forum for the most part)!

Cheers!

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Tue 10. Jan 2017, 08:52

If you don't have a keyboard at hand: press volume Up and DOWN buttons together while starting the MobileStudio Pro. You should see the Wacom logo and a 'Please wait ...' message. Then release the buttons, wait a minute and follow the instructions.

EricDoggett

Postby EricDoggett » Wed 11. Jan 2017, 00:28

Great - thanks so much for the tip!

Eric

jimvenet

Postby jimvenet » Fri 8. Sep 2017, 10:16

Be sure to store your recovery option OUTSIDE of your MSP. Mind crashed and I was unable to access recovery drive due to an obscure reason.
I had to reinstal a fresh version of windows 10 but got a lot of bugs so be extra cautious.
Mine keeps crashing everytime so I'm waiting for customer support to help but as you might already know, they are not as responsife as we would want around here

Return to “Pen Computers”