Hurricane Florence Alert:
A rather large hurricane is set to hit the East Coast of the United States at the end of this week. Because of its size and threat to life & property there have already been significant evacuations in the areas expected to be hit worst. Hopefully things do not turn out as bad, but we will probably see shipping delays to and from that area (our North America distribution center is in Memphis, TN, close to the area).
If you are in the US region and you order something during this period, please see check https://www.ups.com/us/en/service-alerts.page?id=alert1 for possible alerts.

Wacom Drivers:
June 2018: New drivers released version 6.3.30-6 for Win and 6.3.30-2 for Mac, with various bugfixes. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Google Chrome - Clicking issues:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?:https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-register-my-Wacom-device%2525253F&guideId=4244ade8-634a-433c-88b4-31d83e63226c

MSP 16 with external monitor blanks out

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
plaurits

Re: MSP 16 with external monitor blanks out

Postby plaurits » Tue 24. Apr 2018, 08:39

plaurits wrote:
dmeerpa wrote:Ok think I got it solved.
but you chose the old driver 154014.4352. You can see the difference because it is called Intel(R) Iris(Tm) instead of Iris(R).

Can someone kindly share this driver?

I found the link to the old driver that perhaps works. I just installed it so I haven't had time to thoroughly test it yet.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25620/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th-Gen-?product=88359

TheNoLifeKing

Postby TheNoLifeKing » Sat 5. May 2018, 01:23

Mine does the all the time - without an external monitor. Does anyone have a confirmed solution? zBrush, Photoshop, Chrome and or just about whatever im doing seems to cause it.

PrielHackim

Postby PrielHackim » Thu 17. May 2018, 09:28

So i got the same blink out problem

i thogut i solved that allready by setting both monitors on 60 hz and using Hdmi2 60hz cables

now after the new win update Monitor blank out again

when u look at Win driver properties u can see that window do not co respond with driver

Driver 60hz
win properties 59hz

THIS IS FOR SURE A DRIVER ISSUE

https://www.reddit.com/r/wacom/comments ... 10_update/

CertainUser1

Postby CertainUser1 » Thu 31. May 2018, 15:36

I am unbelievably disappointed with Wacom product quality and their support efforts… :-( here is my situation:

• I purchased a Mobile Studio Pro 16, a device costing around 3000 Euro.
  • When an external monitor is connected, the internal monitor starts blanking out after a while (turns black for a second). It is impossible to work like that.
  • I noticed the problem gets worse when the CPU load is over 60%, which easily happens when using Photoshop or Corel Painter.
  • I found this thread and tried out every single proposed solution, without solving the problem.
  • I contacted the German Wacom Support. They were very easy to reach by phone, and the support staff was very friendly all the time.
  • They asked me to record a video of the problem for them, which I did. (If you like, you can watch the video here. My voiceover is in German, start watching at around 0:40 to see the first blanking out).
  • After some days: they asked me to reset the MSP16 to factory defaults to solve the problem. I did this, it did not help.
  • I pointed them to this thread.
  • After some days: they started sending me suggestions directly taken from this thread, e.g. installing an older Intel driver. I patiently did everything they asked, but it did not help.
  • After some days: they said it must be a hardware problem, and asked me to send the MPS16 to their service department. I did as asked.
  • After 2 weeks: they sent me the MSP16 back. All they did was reinstalling Windows! They did not do anything regarding the hardware. The problem still exists.
  • I told them.
  • After some days: they said it is a complicated problem they would have to fix in their software, and it could take “a very, very long time until it is solved, and we do not know how long” (that were the exact words). They also recommended not connecting an external monitor in the meantime...
  • I told them I need a reliable PC and cannot work like this. I asked them to exchange my MSP16 for any other Wacom device (like a Cintiq) of roughly equal value, that is not a PC. I was willing to take anything, and buy a Notebook to connect it to. This would be a very expensive solution for me, but what can I do, I need to work...
  • After some days: I got this mail as a response to my request:
    Actual response from German Wacom Support
    It translates to:
    Thank you for your patience. Unfortunately, we cannot exchange the product like you asked. We can just try to fix it once more. If I was in your situation, I would just sell the Mobile Studio Pro and use the money to buy a different device.
Wow. Just wow. Seems this is what you get for buying Wacom’s supposed flagship product for 3000 EURO! First you get Wacom’s sorry attempt at a mobile PC, then their sorry attempt at support, and finally a kick in the butt.

Way to treat your customers, Wacom, congratulations! :-(

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Thu 31. May 2018, 17:29

I have seen MSPs working fine with external monitors without any issue, but blanking out sometimes with another monitor, for example when connecting a beamer. And I have seen monitors intermittently blanking out on computers that are not made by Wacom, but use Intel/Nvidia driver. In these cases it an issue between the external display and the graphics drivers from Intel and Nvidia. (Google for 'Nvidia intermittent screen blanking' for many cases like this). There is no Wacom software on the MSP involved in handling the display, not the internal nor an external display. Thus Wacom has very limited options and influence on this issue.

There could be something wrong in the hardware like a bad connector, faulty Nvidia card, not working fan. Then Wacom can fix it. We cannot fix graphics driver issues however.

As recommended here install the older Intel driver version mentioned, update the NVidia driver. Turn off Windows automatic hardware driver updating. Make sure you have a solid high quality monitor connection and cable. Connect it to the middle USB-C port and if possible use another monitor or different adapters for connection. - That is what we can advice at the moment.

CertainUser1

Postby CertainUser1 » Wed 6. Jun 2018, 19:23

Dear wacom1,

thank you for your reply, I appreciate it!

wacom1 wrote:There could be something wrong in the hardware like a bad connector, faulty Nvidia card, not working fan. Then Wacom can fix it. We cannot fix graphics driver issues however.

As recommended here install the older Intel driver version mentioned, update the NVidia driver. Turn off Windows automatic hardware driver updating. Make sure you have a solid high quality monitor connection and cable. Connect it to the middle USB-C port and if possible use another monitor or different adapters for connection. - That is what we can advice at the moment.

As I wrote, the device was sent to and returned from the Wacom support, without any changes to the hardware. Since I assume the support persons checked the device diligently, I have to assume that there are no hardware defects. Of course the question remains why they returned the device without for example installing a different Intel or NVidia driver, since you mentioned this could help fix the problem.

Anyway, please take the effort together with me to compile a list of steps to solve the issue, that I am sure will help a lot of your customers:

Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16: Guide to resolving internal monitor blackouts when external monitor is connected

• Install the old Intel Iris driver version 154014.4352, which can be downloaded here.
    @wacom1 Is this the correct version of the driver that is endorsed by Wacom? If not, which is the correct version, and where can it be downloaded?
  • Install Nvidia driver version xyz.xyz, which can be downloaded here.
    @wacom1 Which is the version endorsed by Wacom? Where can it be downloaded?
  • Turn off Windows automatic hardware driver updating.
  • Use a high quality cable for connecting the external monitor.
    @wacom1 Which is a model or brand of cable that is endorsed by Wacom / known by Wacom to work?
  • Use a high quality external monitor.
    @wacom1 Which is a model or brand of monitor that is endorsed by Wacom / known by Wacom to work?
  • Connect the cable to the middle USB-C port.

wacom1, as you can see, there are some questions open, that I have marked in pink. Please answer those questions, so we have distilled all the information about solving this problem. Also, if there are any other steps that I forgot, please add them.

Thanks for your efforts in advance, and best regards!

dmeerpa

Postby dmeerpa » Tue 12. Jun 2018, 14:30

Yes version driver 154014.4352
With that version, I do not see any difference whatever version I use as Nvidia driver. Today I'm using the latest one.

But keep in mind, whenever the computer goes to sleep or suspend, or after a reboot the problem is back. You need to shut down and restart to eliminate the problem.
If it is no longer working, check that the Intel Iris driver is still the version 154014.4352, I already had that an update installed the latest version.

I used 2 high end monitors, a Samsung U32D97Q and a BENQ SW320 and both have the issue if I do not apply above solution.

You are missing a 5th bullet in your list (the USB-C to DP or HDMI adapter). I Have both from different brands.

Another way to solve this issue is using the latest Intel driver and 2 adapters at the same time. When I connect my external display at the same time over HDMI (30Hz) and DP (30 or 60Hz) with the 2 adapters. Windows will see it as 2 external screens. So I configure Windows that both external screens are mirrored. This is rock stable. But I guess this has an impact on the CPU/GPU since it has to control 3 screens instead of 2.

Y
CertainUser1 wrote:Dear wacom1,

thank you for your reply, I appreciate it!

• Install the old Intel Iris driver version 154014.4352, which can be downloaded here.
    @wacom1 Is this the correct version of the driver that is endorsed by Wacom? If not, which is the correct version, and where can it be downloaded?
  • Install Nvidia driver version xyz.xyz, which can be downloaded here.
    @wacom1 Which is the version endorsed by Wacom? Where can it be downloaded?
  • Turn off Windows automatic hardware driver updating.
  • Use a high quality cable for connecting the external monitor.
    @wacom1 Which is a model or brand of cable that is endorsed by Wacom / known by Wacom to work?
  • Use a high quality external monitor.
    @wacom1 Which is a model or brand of monitor that is endorsed by Wacom / known by Wacom to work?
  • Connect the cable to the middle USB-C port.

wacom1, as you can see, there are some questions open, that I have marked in pink. Please answer those questions, so we have distilled all the information about solving this problem. Also, if there are any other steps that I forgot, please add them.

Thanks for your efforts in advance, and best regards!

dmeerpa

Postby dmeerpa » Tue 12. Jun 2018, 14:33

I understand that Wacom can not resolve an Intel Driver issue.
But do not tell us that Wacom has not the status nor the power to put pressure on Intel to correct this.
If a premium brand as Wacom, that is a reference in the graphical world could, puts in the press a bad comment on Intel, this would very painful for Intel, so Intel will certainly search a solution to avoid bad publicity.

wacom1 wrote:I have seen MSPs working fine with external monitors without any issue, but blanking out sometimes with another monitor, for example when connecting a beamer. And I have seen monitors intermittently blanking out on computers that are not made by Wacom, but use Intel/Nvidia driver. In these cases it an issue between the external display and the graphics drivers from Intel and Nvidia. (Google for 'Nvidia intermittent screen blanking' for many cases like this). There is no Wacom software on the MSP involved in handling the display, not the internal nor an external display. Thus Wacom has very limited options and influence on this issue.

There could be something wrong in the hardware like a bad connector, faulty Nvidia card, not working fan. Then Wacom can fix it. We cannot fix graphics driver issues however.

PrielHackim

Postby PrielHackim » Tue 26. Jun 2018, 11:13

hello
so my screen only getting worse . now the screen blank out without external monitor! my intel iris driver is: 24.20.100.6136
the black out with external screen is constant every couple of Sec.
since i got this device i have got ton of problems with every thing possible- dead pixel- spots on screen. got the screen replace (and waited 5 weeks for it) then the device died! than i got a new unit.
the device over hit. bluetooth fails, shout downs- blue screens. lost so much time on trying to fix drives and so on....
i realy cant work like this.
wacom support center keep dont anser me .
this is my worst experience with any device i had in my life! this deposed to be a working tool that i can trust.

if wacom have such a bad relationship with their costumers. i can only guess they have a bad relationship with their Partners like intel and adobe.
im tyred of playing i need to Work

if any one can help?

dmeerpa

Postby dmeerpa » Wed 11. Jul 2018, 11:53

[quote="PrielHackim"]hello
so my screen only getting worse . now the screen blank out without external monitor! my intel iris driver is: 24.20.100.6136
the black out with external screen is constant every couple of Sec.
since i got this device i have got ton of problems with every thing possible- dead pixel- spots on screen. got the screen replace (and waited 5 weeks for it) then the device died! than i got a new unit.
the device over hit. bluetooth fails, shout downs- blue screens. lost so much time on trying to fix drives and so on....
i realy cant work like this.
wacom support center keep dont anser me .
this is my worst experience with any device i had in my life! this deposed to be a working tool that i can trust.

if wacom have such a bad relationship with their costumers. i can only guess they have a bad relationship with their Partners like intel and adobe.
im tyred of playing i need to Work

if any one can help?[/quoteI

With Windows 10 latest update I also had more display issues. I ended up by reinstalling the intel Iris driver which helped big time. I guess Microsoft installed a dll that is used bij the intel iris gpu driver.

Return to “Pen Computers”