Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/
Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Support:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-916
NOTE: Apple already released an update of 10.15 which solves some of these issues. Please make sure you have the latest update.

Why is the cursor on Windows a white dot or crosshairs? [FIXED]:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-661

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you wondering which software to choose, check the trial versions below:

Lifting and setting pen while drawing causes left-click also

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
rightmirem

Lifting and setting pen while drawing causes left-click also

Postby rightmirem » Thu 10. Jan 2019, 09:39

We're using a DTU-2231 with a Thinkpad Windows 10 that also has a touchpen

We were able to successfully connect and use the Wacom tablet (for example with Powerpoint) and able to use the onscreen drawing tools (for example, to make notes on a Powerpoint slide during a lecture.)

The problem is; when attempting to change the pen's color during a Powerpoint presentation, we sweep the lower left corner of the screen to bring up the pen's options, but tapping on the "color" select button is ALSO recognized as a left-click, so it advances the slide when we do not want it to.

Previous versions of the drivers (in Windows 7) came with a taskbar that sat in the upper left corner of the screen (vertically) with all the pen options on it (including the color change). You could click that without it being registered as a left-click.

Is there a way to enable to same "on top" selection bar with the latest Windows 10 drivers? Or is there some other setting where we can disable the "touch = left-click" feature of the tablet pen?

wacom5

Re: Lifting and setting pen while drawing causes left-click also

Postby wacom5 » Thu 10. Jan 2019, 15:17

This sounds more like an issue with PowerPoint and Windows Ink. You can disable the pen from doing left clicks but then you won't be able to draw notes at all.

Please clarify which version of PowerPoint you are using, which Wacom Driver version and Windows 10 latest update version. I tried to replicate this and I was unable. I cycled trough all the colors and switched between laser pointer and highlighter and the pager never advanced, even with advance as mouse-click enabled.

Also, please check the suggestions here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mso ... 437d3da949

rightmirem

Postby rightmirem » Fri 11. Jan 2019, 08:54

Thanks for the reply.

We're using:
Windows 10 Enterprise 1803; 17134.472
Thinkpad YOGA460 with pen-screen type: 20EL-S13200
PowerPoint 2013 (15.0.5093.1000) MSO (15.0.5085.1000) 64bit
Driver: WacomTablet_6.3.32-4.exe

Please note, that - to use the wacom tablet to draw inside a PowerPoint slide, we do not use the buttons on the WACOM TABLET pen. Simply touching the pen to the PowerPoint page is sufficient to begin drawing. And the act of drawing in-and-of-itself (I.e. lifting the pen to a new location) does NOT cause the PowerPoint slide to advance.

HOWEVER, if we bring up the hidden menu on the bottom-left of the page (which contains the "color change" button) and tap the color change button - the color options do NOT appear, and the PowerPoint slide advances.

rightmirem

Postby rightmirem » Fri 11. Jan 2019, 12:52

P.s. So, a user went and tried to use the DTU and said it didn't work. Now, when *I* go over and try to use it - it doesn't work either.

I attempted to uninstall and reinstall the drivers according to the manual.
I tried alternate USB ports (and uninstalling/reinstalling on the new port).

Did not work.

When I try to open the Wacom Tablet property manager (the application) I get an error saying the tablet is not connected to the PC (same error when trying both USB ports).

Thanks!

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Mon 14. Jan 2019, 10:33

That explains a lot. The driver you are using (6.3.32-4) does not support the DTU-2231. You need to use driver 6.3.31-4.
See the Previous Drivers section in https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support/product-support/drivers
I used PowerPoint 2016 for my tests by the way.

rightmirem

Postby rightmirem » Tue 15. Jan 2019, 13:22

Hi, and thanks for the help.

Unfortunately, this driver did not work either. In this instance, the pen would write only about half the time ... but it wrote four or five inches away from where the actual pen tip was.

The procedure was...

1. Uninstall the Tablet driver (but not the "pen" driver, as I think this refers to the touscreen pen for the laptop itself)
2. Reboot.
3. Attach the HDMI cable ONLY. Verify screen is working.
4. Plug in the USB cable for the tablet.
5. Install driver WacomTablet_6.3.31-4
6. Reboot (with HDMI and USB still plugged in)
7. Test with tablet and Powerpoint

Is there something else we can try?

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Wed 16. Jan 2019, 08:57

Try to backup and reset the Wacom preferences using the Wacom Tablet Preference File Utility. Is the cursor offset only visible in PowerPoint? Outside of PowerPoint do pen strokes react normally?

rightmirem

Postby rightmirem » Wed 16. Jan 2019, 13:39

Hi,

Thanks again for all the troubleshooting. So - the issue is very weird. Today I tested with both a Windows 10 laptop and a Windows 7 laptop. Both failed (sort of).

Windows 10:
- The pentablet correctly controlled the mouse at the windows desktop (used from the pentab screen)
- The pentablet worked with MSPaint, drawing the line correctly (probably just using the pen as a mouse input)
- The pentablet DID NOT WORK when I started MS Office 2016 Standard Edition Powerpoint. When trying to use power point, if the pen tip was in the center of the screen, it would draw the line on the far right of the screen, with the pointer icon moving on the far left of the screen (I can send a vdieo if it helps).
- When I attempted to open the "Wacom Tablet Properties" tool, I got a popup message saying "The tablet is not connected. Please check yadda yadda..."
- I have tested using both the "WacomTablet_6.3.31-4" and "WacomTablet_6.3.32-4" drivers

Windows 7 :
- I have tested using both the "WacomTablet_6.3.31-4" and "WacomTablet_6.3.32-4" drivers
- It did not work with MSPaint. The cursor/draw-line would move much further and much faster than the pen. I.e. If you started in the middle of the screen, one inch of pen movement would draw a three to four inch line.
- - When I attempted to open the "Wacom Tablet Properties" tool, I got a popup message saying "The tablet is not connected. Please check yadda yadda..."

NOTE: The tablet DOES work for other Windows 7 computer users.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Thu 17. Jan 2019, 11:11

Please make sure both Windows computers are fully up to date and that you connected the USB cable directly to the computer. Do not use a USB-HUB. See here for more details about that error message and what it means.

rightmirem

Postby rightmirem » Fri 15. Feb 2019, 09:49

Hi,

Sorry for the delays. OBE.

So, we took two separate Windows 10 notebooks to the Wacom tablet and made sure we were connected directly via the Wacom cable (no intermediate cables, hubs, or adapters). Both Windows 10 notebooks were fully updated, and were tried using both drivers recommended above (in this thread).

Neither computer was able to recognize the tablet as a Wacom tablet device (attempting to open the Tablet Manager software reported no device was connected). However both computers were ale to use the tablet as a mouse only.

Are there any other troubleshooting steps that can be performed?

Return to “Pen Tablets”