Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/
Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Support:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-916
NOTE: Apple already released an update of 10.15 which solves some of these issues. Please make sure you have the latest update.

Why is the cursor on Windows a white dot or crosshairs? [FIXED]:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-661

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you wondering which software to choose, check the trial versions below:

Pro 16 tablet mode, calibration problem

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
Suekichi

Pro 16 tablet mode, calibration problem

Postby Suekichi » Mon 14. Jan 2019, 21:52

Whenever I switch off "tablet mode" on the Pro 16, the calibration on the Pro 16 gets totally out of whack on the cintiq. And I have to re-calibrate the cintiq. But I can't do it right away, Wacom Tablet Properties won't allow it at first. I first have to pick which monitor to calibrate, then TURN OFF Wacom Tablet Properties, open it AGAIN, and THEN it lets me re-calibrate the cintiq.

I use tablet mode on and off again throughout the day. Re-calibrating over and over again like this is a bit of a hassle.

I'm using windows 10. Tablet resolution is full 4k.

wacom5

Re: Pro 16 tablet mode, calibration problem

Postby wacom5 » Tue 15. Jan 2019, 08:01

Which driver do you have installed? Please start by making a clean driver install: https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-uninstall-(manually)-and-re-install-the-Wacom-driver-on-Windows-for-a-Pen-Tablet%2C-Pen-Display%2C-or-Pen-Computer%3F&guideId=ce67b2c8-4f6f-47c8-93cd-4c6581992d1c

If the issue persists can you explain the behaviour a bit more in detail? What do you mean by
Suekichi wrote:(...) the calibration on the Pro 16 gets totally out of whack on the cintiq.

Suekichi

Postby Suekichi » Tue 15. Jan 2019, 13:12

I'm running the latest driver: 6.3.32-4

I think it might it might be a simple display toggle issue. After switching from tablet mode, the cursor moves several centimeters to the left and then onto the other screen. I think, that's just the display toggle, right?

On the Pro 16, how do I switch back from display toggle?

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Wed 16. Jan 2019, 08:50

In "Tablet Mode" the surface of the Cintiq should be mapped to your desktop environment. If should default to "Full" mapping settings. Display Toggle will work only with an ExpressKey. Since the Cintiq Pro 16 does not have ExpressKeys, this is not available directly.

I suggest you set all the mapping settings to default, both in "Cintiq Mode" and "Tablet Mode" and test the behaviour.

Suekichi

Postby Suekichi » Wed 16. Jan 2019, 09:25

wacom5 wrote:In "Tablet Mode" the surface of the Cintiq should be mapped to your desktop environment. If should default to "Full" mapping settings

I think it is. I mean, the cursor/pen certainly works correctly on the second monitor, when in tablet mode.

wacom5 wrote: Display Toggle will work only with an ExpressKey. Since the Cintiq Pro 16 does not have ExpressKeys, this is not available directly.

Aw, that's too bad. i guess i could buy an EK remote. Kind of an expensive solution though. No display toggle keyboard short-cut? How come, if I may ask?

wacom5 wrote:I suggest you set all the mapping settings to default, both in "Cintiq Mode" and "Tablet Mode" and test the behaviour.

Googled how to check mapping settings. No luck. My Wacom Tablet Properties doesn't have mapping settings either. Any chance you can tell me where I can set mapping settings to default? (although I assume they're already set to default. I certainly haven't messed around with anything)

thanks!

Suekichi

Postby Suekichi » Wed 16. Jan 2019, 09:56

UPDATE
I removed wacom drivers and reinstalled them. Now it does the same thing... except, when I go to re-calibrate in Wacom Tablet Properties and pick cintiq pro 16, the pen auto-calibrates just like that. Not sure it that's an actual fix, but I guess it works!

And I just bought the EK remote too... oh well, can't hurt to have it, i guess.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Thu 17. Jan 2019, 10:42

Suekichi wrote:
wacom5 wrote:I suggest you set all the mapping settings to default, both in "Cintiq Mode" and "Tablet Mode" and test the behaviour.

Googled how to check mapping settings. No luck. My Wacom Tablet Properties doesn't have mapping settings either. Any chance you can tell me where I can set mapping settings to default? (although I assume they're already set to default. I certainly haven't messed around with anything)

Sorry I confused you, for Cintiq mode what you actually do is calibrate the pen with the display. There are no mapping settings...

Suekichi wrote:
wacom5 wrote:Display Toggle will work only with an ExpressKey. Since the Cintiq Pro 16 does not have ExpressKeys, this is not available directly.

Aw, that's too bad. i guess i could buy an EK remote. Kind of an expensive solution though. No display toggle keyboard short-cut? How come, if I may ask?

Good question. I suppose that only recently we started having display that either don't have express keys, or don't come with the EK remote and there was no need or request to add this feature through short-keys yet.

I will forward this to the driver team as feedback for future improvements.

Rocketboots

Postby Rocketboots » Thu 17. Jan 2019, 11:33

Display Toggle absolutely does work on the Cintiq Pro without the need for an EK remote. You can map it to one of the pen buttons by opening the Wacom settings.

Choose the pen in the Wacom settings panel, select a dropdown next to the button you want, tablet > display toggle.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Fri 18. Jan 2019, 07:59

Rocketboots wrote:Display Toggle absolutely does work on the Cintiq Pro without the need for an EK remote. You can map it to one of the pen buttons by opening the Wacom settings.

Choose the pen in the Wacom settings panel, select a dropdown next to the button you want, tablet > display toggle.

Completely forgot that was there. That's a great point.

Return to “Pen Displays”