Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/
Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Support:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-916
NOTE: Apple Released 10.15.1 which solves some of these issues. Please update as soon as possible.

Why is the cursor on Windows a white dot or crosshairs? [FIXED]:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-661

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you wondering which software to choose, check the trial versions below:

Pan/Scroll Cursor stuck. Mouse not moving until release.

Everything related to drivers
Illustratic

Re: Pan/Scroll Cursor stuck. Mouse not moving until release.

Postby Illustratic » Mon 1. Apr 2019, 14:43

This change is such an inexplicable one and it leaves me completely dumbfounded. Changing a major part of how the tablet works, with no way of getting out of it, on the whims of what presume is the development team? If they were so adamant that this change needed to become part of the driver, why for the love of christ wouldn't you make it an option with users able to opt out of it and returning functionality to how it has worked for many many years? After 12 years of using Wacom I now plan on switching to one of your competitors tablets due to this change.

thanulee

Postby thanulee » Sat 6. Apr 2019, 12:02

Just revert it to the previos behaviour. If more users had the patience to log in to ur forums and complain about it, they would.
I hear complaints from all of our studio for this matter. It was just fine before, no issues whatsoever.

jpbader

Postby jpbader » Sat 6. Apr 2019, 14:20

This behavior is a bad regression. Plus there is a noticeable lag compared to the old driver. Worse, the same function with the touch ring works perfectly. So please correct it urgently. Tks

wvwang

Postby wvwang » Mon 15. Apr 2019, 20:37

Any update on this?? It's been 10 months since the first post...

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Tue 16. Apr 2019, 07:41

We already made some Quality of Life updates in the last driver. I don't think we will be able to make any new update soon.

I explained earlier why the cursor should remain stuck:
wacom5 wrote:As for why the cursor needs to remain stuck, it's because it would create more issues if it was moving. The scroll events are always sent to the location of the cursor, if the cursor were to move with the pen then those scroll messages would be sent outside of the intended application if the pen travels outside of that application. Even inside the same application this can cause issues if you have multiple scroll areas.

Much like when you want to scroll with your mouse, you leave the cursor in its current location, our pen should always do the same. Especially since different programs use different shortcuts to scroll, and we’ll always send the appropriate shortcuts for the front most application but moving the cursor could cause those shortcuts to be sent to a different program that could do something entirely different than scrolling with that shortcut.

I don't think we should revert to the old behaviour. I use an Intuos Pro all day long and I prefer having the cursor stuck for the reason above.

I'll make sure everyone's feedback reaches the team regardless. We will take it under consideration.

alexchopjian

Postby alexchopjian » Sat 20. Apr 2019, 18:23

I signed up for these forums specifically for this issue. Our whole studio hates this feature. It is not ergonomic whatsoever. Pen tablets should not mimic mouse behavior, that's why we are using these precision devices instead of mice. And with that logic, I can still scroll and move the the cursor with a mouse! The cursor doesn't freeze in place until I stop scrolling...that'd be ludicrous.

wacom5 wrote:I don't think we should revert to the old behaviour. I use an Intuos Pro all day long and I prefer having the cursor stuck for the reason above.

If you prefer that, great! But people posting here very much prefer the other behavior. All at least an option to choose which type of behavior you want in the tablet settings would make everyone happy. It shouldn't have to be one or the other.

I, along with many members in the design community continue to run the old versions of the drivers because of this very "feature". As much as we want to run the latest versions, we can't because this issue is such a severe damper to our workflow. I hope this reaches the driver team, because I really love Wacom products, but following this thread for the past few months has now made me weary.

aakaravaev

Postby aakaravaev » Sat 4. May 2019, 10:01

wacom5 wrote:Much like when you want to scroll with your mouse, you leave the cursor in its current location, our pen should always do the same.

No. Pen is not equal to a mouse. When I want to scroll with mouse I use scrolling wheel. Mouse doesn't move therefore cursor doesn't move. When I scroll with pen I move pen.

That behaviour you've made is a wrong. And you keep trying to explain why your decision is good and right for a several months. Just admit that you can be wrong, and a thousands of people can't. If you like that behaviour okay, use it. But give an option for the rest of the world to switch to the old behaviour of cursor.

r0kh0r

Postby r0kh0r » Mon 6. May 2019, 09:20

Also registered just because of this. It is really annoying, please at least add another option in settings to make it work like it used to work.
Currently the only option is using older drivers: Wacom Driver 6.3.25-2, thanks god at least this works. After 2 months finally found a solution :)

wvwang

Postby wvwang » Mon 6. May 2019, 22:43

wacom5 wrote:The scroll events are always sent to the location of the cursor, if the cursor were to move with the pen then those scroll messages would be sent outside of the intended application if the pen travels outside of that application. Even inside the same application this can cause issues if you have multiple scroll areas.

I've had no issues for at least 10 years. Why force customers like me to deal with a problem we never had?

wacom5 wrote:Much like when you want to scroll with your mouse, you leave the cursor in its current location, our pen should always do the same.

You kept saying it should work just like the mouse, but I purchased a Wacom specifically for its absolute-precisioning of the cursor. If people want a mouse, why didn't they buy a mouse? This new behavior kills our workflow.

wacom5 wrote:Especially since different programs use different shortcuts to scroll, and we’ll always send the appropriate shortcuts for the front most application but moving the cursor could cause those shortcuts to be sent to a different program that could do something entirely different than scrolling with that shortcut.

By brute-forcing a behavior change on us, you might have solve a technical issue, but you also created worse problems. Otherwise we wouldn't be here, voicing our frustrations. Is it a good solution if it creates more problems (for us) than it solves?

wacom5 wrote:I don't think we should revert to the old behaviour. I use an Intuos Pro all day long and I prefer having the cursor stuck for the reason above.

Is there anyone else on the team who might share our frustrations and preferences?

ksilvola

Postby ksilvola » Wed 8. May 2019, 07:55

At the very least this should be an optional feature for those who prefer to keep their cursor in the same place. I am currently only experiencing this problem with a few applications (Chrome/Safari/Mail) but panning on programs such as Ps, Ai, Sketch seems to be working in the old way.

I don't feel that it is intuitive that the cursor is not moving when I am moving my pen - I understand that some users might enjoy this feature but the whole concept of "your pen is your cursor and reflects your movement on the screen" gets a bit lost.

Make it optional at least.

Return to “Drivers”