Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/
Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Support:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-916
NOTE: Apple Released 10.15.1 which solves some of these issues. Please update as soon as possible.

Why is the cursor on Windows a white dot or crosshairs? [FIXED]:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-661

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you wondering which software to choose, check the trial versions below:

Pan/Scroll Cursor stuck. Mouse not moving until release.

Everything related to drivers
hakanuzunoglu

Re: Pan/Scroll Cursor stuck. Mouse not moving until release.

Postby hakanuzunoglu » Thu 18. Jul 2019, 17:38

I can't believe I am saying this, but it is time to ditch the wacom. Here is why:

1 - The drivers are resource hogs. They hang the every once in a while.
2 - Every time there is an update, more bugs are introduced.
3 - Wacom believes they don't need to care about their users for a core functionality change. Every single person on earth scrolled in a certain way, and wacom changed the behavior completely without even adding an option to revert back.
4 - The quality of the base (bamboo etc) products have deteriorated.
5 - Wireless works laggy. There is a visible delay on the cursor movement while connected through BT.

It has been more than a year and still, there is no proper update on the matter. Not even in the roadmap. This is not a user-centric improvement at all. In fact, this and the new transform in Adobe Photoshop competes head to head on ignoring well-established habits of power users.

jlaumans

Postby jlaumans » Fri 9. Aug 2019, 05:44

I've registered on this forum to post my frustration here as well:

1. I just bought a new Intuos Pro yesterday (10+ year Wacom user here) and am considering returning it because of this issue AND the lack of understanding/care from Wacom Support to address it seriously
2. The Pan functionality should work as if you are 'holding / grabbing' the surface with your cursor and moving it around. When your cursor doesn't move together with your Pen it become disorienting and ruins your workflow. This has worked perfectly fine on older models for several years and is a core functionality for efficient work flows.
3. Pan & Scroll are two different things. Pan is the action of dragging content (for example, similar to holding the space bar while using photoshop/sketch/etc.) while Scroll is the action of moving the viewport irrelevant of the cursor position.

My request for Customer Support:
- Which old drivers can we install where the functionality is as we would expect it to behave?
- Please bring this topic to the development team again and give users the option to either Pan or Scroll

Request to fellow Wacom users:
- There are many people reading this forum but haven't voiced your opinion yet, please take time to let Wacom Support know how you feel.

thanulee

Postby thanulee » Wed 4. Sep 2019, 09:36

Thats total BS. There were never issue before i been using wacom for many years and many models.Just make a quick fix for those who demand it. We are clients, we are always right, have u heard that? I ve been using a 2 year old driver with 0 issues idk what u referring to... Fix it... Dont ignore us, or we ll ignore u back

ascottt

Postby ascottt » Fri 6. Sep 2019, 09:11

I'm very disappointed with this behavior, I feel guilty to love your products because you don't want to hear us, so I'll talk to users: please check this petition, I don't know what else I could do.

http://chng.it/5n77MLW2vV

Share with other professionals you know, or come up with other ideas to make our dream happen.

Thanks!

guecor

Postby guecor » Wed 25. Sep 2019, 16:29

wacom5 wrote: We don't believe that going back is the right way to move forward. We hope you can understand this decision.

You already went back making unusable something that worked. what you have done, which is actually ruining the workflow of your users, is DEFINITELY a step back.
No one is asking you to "going back". Just give us the option to choose between the trafitional scrolling and the new. That's all we want.

fuckyouwacomreally

Postby fuckyouwacomreally » Thu 3. Oct 2019, 17:30

Really Wacom?
wacom5 wrote:We don't believe that going back is the right way to move forward. We hope you can understand this decision.

You claim "the majority of the current users does not share the same opinion"...
Is there some data to hold that claim?

And if so, it would be quantitative data, did you take into account qualitative part of things?
Cause "the majority that don't share the same opinion" may not be experts, while the people who have come here to explain the need to keep the scroll functionality the way it was is showing some very good insights on user experience and usability...
Don't you think?

You sound like a bully saying "This thread clearly demonstrated that users prefer the previous way, sometimes very passionately"
I've been following this thread for months, and after your final resolution to tell us all to screw ourselves I decided to downgrade.
Since the old drivers won't run on Mojave I downgraded my OS to High Sierra, on my three computers: office, home and laptop.
And finally came here, registered for an account, verified my email, and took the time to write down this text.
That's how "passionately" I prefer the old way

Given how much you care for customer's experience, I won't be looking for Wacom when I update my tablet hardware.
What you're doing is wrong. The truth remains true even while in minority.
Peace out.
✌️

kuvaldin

Postby kuvaldin » Wed 9. Oct 2019, 14:04

There we go again. WHAT THE HELL? Why did you do that? I just updated the tablet driver and you know what? The freaking cursor is freezing when you press the pan/scroll button. Again. I've already made peace with stuck cursor during scrolling, it was just fine, I don't care. But you returning this behaviour to an old scenario. You're just doing this to spite us, aren't you?

heymadsen

Postby heymadsen » Mon 14. Oct 2019, 08:34

First they forced me to upgrade to a brand new tablet because they wouldn't offer support to Bamboo Pen ctl-470 on the new MacOS Catalina. Now this?

I can confirm the behaviour on 10.15 (19A583) with the 6.3.36-2 driver.

Will this torment ever be over, Wacom? I'm just so tired that I have to go through this every single time I buy a product from you. It's time to move on.

Return to “Drivers”