Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/
Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Support:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-916
NOTE: Apple already released an update of 10.15 which solves some of these issues. Please make sure you have the latest update.

Why is the cursor on Windows a white dot or crosshairs? [FIXED]:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-661

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you wondering which software to choose, check the trial versions below:

Mobile Studio Pro question 2019 Gen 2

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
wizz72
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon 28. Oct 2019, 11:02

Mobile Studio Pro question 2019 Gen 2

Postby wizz72 » Mon 28. Oct 2019, 11:17

I have just picked up the new Mobile Studio Pro 2019 Gen 2, I have added more ram but I'm now looking to upgrade the ssd M.2.
My question is will a NVMe SSD work in this?

wacom5
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue 8. Aug 2017, 14:35

Re: Mobile Studio Pro question 2019 Gen 2

Postby wacom5 » Mon 28. Oct 2019, 13:23

Hi. Congratulations on your purchase.
Regarding the SSD, the answer is yes. The slot is PCIe Gen3 M.2 compliant with NVMe.

wizz72
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon 28. Oct 2019, 11:02

Re: Mobile Studio Pro question 2019 Gen 2

Postby wizz72 » Wed 30. Oct 2019, 13:21

Thank you for the fast reply, I ended up putting in a 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus and it works great:)

wacom5
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue 8. Aug 2017, 14:35

Re: Mobile Studio Pro question 2019 Gen 2

Postby wacom5 » Wed 30. Oct 2019, 13:57

wizz72 wrote:Thank you for the fast reply, I ended up putting in a 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus and it works great:)

Great! If you don't mind asking, how did you perform the Windows installation on the new SSD?
Some customers have been having issues with this so I'm curious.

wizz72
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon 28. Oct 2019, 11:02

Re: Mobile Studio Pro question 2019 Gen 2

Postby wizz72 » Wed 30. Oct 2019, 14:38

wacom5 wrote:
wizz72 wrote:Thank you for the fast reply, I ended up putting in a 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus and it works great:)

Great! If you don't mind asking, how did you perform the Windows installation on the new SSD?
Some customers have been having issues with this so I'm curious.


I took the ssd out of the MSP and put it in my other workstation and just cloned it to the new ssd. hope this helps

wacom5
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue 8. Aug 2017, 14:35

Re: Mobile Studio Pro question 2019 Gen 2

Postby wacom5 » Wed 30. Oct 2019, 14:47

wizz72 wrote:
wacom5 wrote:
wizz72 wrote:Thank you for the fast reply, I ended up putting in a 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus and it works great:)

Great! If you don't mind asking, how did you perform the Windows installation on the new SSD?
Some customers have been having issues with this so I'm curious.


I took the ssd out of the MSP and put it in my other workstation and just cloned it to the new ssd. hope this helps

Which software did you use? Was there any special step you had to take?

wizz72
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon 28. Oct 2019, 11:02

Re: Mobile Studio Pro question 2019 Gen 2

Postby wizz72 » Wed 30. Oct 2019, 16:58

wacom5 wrote:
wizz72 wrote:
wacom5 wrote:Great! If you don't mind asking, how did you perform the Windows installation on the new SSD?
Some customers have been having issues with this so I'm curious.


I took the ssd out of the MSP and put it in my other workstation and just cloned it to the new ssd. hope this helps

Which software did you use? Was there any special step you had to take?


I just used macrium reflect its a very simple process.

wacom5
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue 8. Aug 2017, 14:35

Re: Mobile Studio Pro question 2019 Gen 2

Postby wacom5 » Thu 31. Oct 2019, 11:15

Thank you!


Return to “Pen Computers”