Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Support:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-916

Mac OS 10.15.4 Update:
What does the Mac OS warning message “Legacy System Extension” mean and why am I seeing it?

eStore Shipping
Please note that reduced UPS service might affect your region due to CoVid-19 situation. See updated details for UPS serviceshttps://www.ups.com/de/en/service-alerts.page?id=alert1

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Pen does not work after the mac 10.15 update

Everything related to drivers
JuliaMaria

Pen does not work after the mac 10.15 update

Postby JuliaMaria » Mon 28. Oct 2019, 16:34

Hi, so i have been having issues with my wacom intuos pro tablet, i have noticed that many people have been having similar/same issues with the new mac 10.15 catalina update.

So i have went through all the steps that was meant to 'fix' the problem.

i was getting the 'Security settings prevented the wacom software from posting an event' message
and it was telling me to go into security & privacy, and tick every wacom application in Accessibility and Input Monitoring and then reset my macbook, which i did.
It did not fix it.
Although the messages stopped popping up, but the pen still did not work

i have uninstalled the driver again and downloaded the specific driver for the 10.15 update, it still has not worked
i dont not get any errors/messages popping up anymore but the pen still does not work, it just does not move the cursor
which is weird because the touch option works and i can move the cursor with my finger on the tablet, and when i go into the pen settings, the pressure works, just the actual pen itself does not work and move the cursor

i have reset my macbook many times, i dont know if i need to get a new pen or not because this has only happened after the update.
is there anything else i need to do ? have i missed anything ? because the actual tablet is working and my macbook recognises it.

it would be much appreciated if i get any help asap, i rely on my tablet as i use it for my art course.

wacom5

Re: Pen does not work after the mac 10.15 update

Postby wacom5 » Wed 30. Oct 2019, 14:58

Please bear in mind that Security and Privacy changes will sometimes only work after rebooting. If this still doesn't work, try the following:
  • Navigate to the Privacy settings
  • Click the lock to make changes
  • Remove the permissions
  • Clicking the lock again
  • Reboot
  • Go back to the Privacy settings
  • Click the lock to make changes
  • Add the permissions again
  • Clicking the lock again
  • Reboot
Need immediate help? Contact our Support: https://support.wacom.com

carlm03

Postby carlm03 » Sun 15. Dec 2019, 18:11

Hi, I have a PTH-66 Intuos pro, and a macos Catalina 10.15.2.
I have tried with drivers 6.3.37-2 and 6.3.37-3. My results are similar to those described by JuliaMaria(pen not working, touch pad works, message asking to check accessibility and monitoring), but with some differences. With Catalina 10.15.0 I had no problem, the Intuos worked perfectly fine. I didn't try the Intuos with 10.15.1 update. Different from the former versions (10.15.0 and older), now I have to reboot the computer. When I try to follow what Wacom5 suggested regarding removing (unchecking) security and privacy permissions (i.e.: accebility, monitoring and automation), by the time the 'Security settings prevented the wacom software from posting an event' message appears after rebooting, all those permissions are already checked and the drivers are on memory already ( WacomTableDriver, WacomTouchDriver). When trying to uncheck those settings to reboot again as Wacom5 says, I am able to uncheck the Wacom Center software in all the accessibility, monitoring and automation, but I cannot uncheck the drivers. Uninstalling the software is very painful, I had to buy a specialized tool for that. Despite the installation the drivers persist on memory and you cannot manually force them to quit. Using the tool I managed to clean up the whole software and drivers from memory and this is the only way I have found to install and try older versions of the driver that have the same effect and don't work either. What should I do now?? Thanks

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Wed 18. Dec 2019, 08:35

carlm03 wrote:Hi, I have a PTH-66 Intuos pro, and a macos Catalina 10.15.2.
I have tried with drivers 6.3.37-2 and 6.3.37-3. My results are similar to those described by JuliaMaria(pen not working, touch pad works, message asking to check accessibility and monitoring), but with some differences. With Catalina 10.15.0 I had no problem, the Intuos worked perfectly fine. I didn't try the Intuos with 10.15.1 update. Different from the former versions (10.15.0 and older), now I have to reboot the computer. When I try to follow what Wacom5 suggested regarding removing (unchecking) security and privacy permissions (i.e.: accebility, monitoring and automation), by the time the 'Security settings prevented the wacom software from posting an event' message appears after rebooting, all those permissions are already checked and the drivers are on memory already ( WacomTableDriver, WacomTouchDriver). When trying to uncheck those settings to reboot again as Wacom5 says, I am able to uncheck the Wacom Center software in all the accessibility, monitoring and automation, but I cannot uncheck the drivers. Uninstalling the software is very painful, I had to buy a specialized tool for that. Despite the installation the drivers persist on memory and you cannot manually force them to quit. Using the tool I managed to clean up the whole software and drivers from memory and this is the only way I have found to install and try older versions of the driver that have the same effect and don't work either. What should I do now?? Thanks

We just released a new driver which uses a new IOManager. This will replace the previous WacomTableDriver and WacomTouchDriver. You will still need to allow it in the Accessibility window.
See: https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-916
Need immediate help? Contact our Support: https://support.wacom.com

adewinne

Postby adewinne » Wed 25. Dec 2019, 17:27

I am getting the exact same problem, even after installing the latest drivers and using IOManager driver. The only difference is that under 'Input Monitoring' there is nothing listed. It just has a message saying "Apps that have requested access to minter input from your keyboard will appear here."

oreitan13

Postby oreitan13 » Mon 30. Dec 2019, 11:14

adewinne wrote:I am getting the exact same problem, even after installing the latest drivers and using IOManager driver. The only difference is that under 'Input Monitoring' there is nothing listed. It just has a message saying "Apps that have requested access to minter input from your keyboard will appear here."

I have the same problem, i don't see anything in "Input monitoring". but the problem only start after updating to the new driver

IanBarber

Postby IanBarber » Tue 31. Dec 2019, 20:19

I had the same issue and Wacom support talked me through how to fix it.

Can you move the curser around with your finger on the Wacom pad ?
Do you get a POPUP window if you tap the pad with your finger. ?

If so, follow these instructions

Open Security & Privacy and press the Privacy Tab

On the left scroll to Accessibility and select it.

In the right hand pane you should see 3 Wacom items
Press the Lock icon in the lower left, enter you MAC password to unlock it.
DELETE all 3 Wacom items from the list by selecting one at a time and pressing the minus ( - ) icon

Reboot the MAC
Go back to Security & Privacy and press the Privacy Tab
On the left scroll to Accessibility and select it.
Press the Lock icon in the lower left, enter you MAC password to unlock it.
Select all items related to Wacom and put a check in the box

Reboot the MAC and all should work

Return to “Drivers”