NEW tablet driver 6.3.22-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Problem mit modifiers on keyboard getting stuck was fixed.

New version for for Windows 6.3.22-6: Fixed various problems - f.e. pen not working after start or return from sleep.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Intuos 4 and win 10, driver issues?

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
huntresswizard2

Intuos 4 and win 10, driver issues?

Postby huntresswizard2 » Sun 12. Feb 2017, 12:05

I have a Intuos 4 PTK-640 and it always worked perfectly fine, but since I changed pc and OS (windows 10 x64) I'm having serious issues.
The pc recognizes the tablet, the latest drivers are installed, all works properly until I move the stylus from the surface for the first time, then when I put it on again it doesn't work anymore (but the leds are still on, the light changes intensity when the pen is on the surface and the touch ring is still working).
I tried to restart the Wacom Professional Service from task manager and again everything works only for few seconds.
If I disable wacom drivers the surface works fine with microsoft drivers, but obviously they support neither express key or pen pression.
If I disable microsoft drivers nothing changes, express key works, but the surface doesn't.

Is anyone having the same issues? I googled it but I wasn't able to find anything useful.
Everytime I contact support they tell me to reinstall driver, which I did countless times (and yes, I always make clean unistall before reinstalling), is there something else I can try?

wacom1

Re: Intuos 4 and win 10, driver issues?

Postby wacom1 » Sun 12. Feb 2017, 15:35

If the Wacom driver is not active, the tablet works only as mouse device (with standard mouse driver). - Unplug the tablet, uninstall the driver and remove any remaining Wacom entry in device manager. If there is an 'HID complinat mouse#; check the properties and remove the entry, if it refers to Wacom. Then restart Windows and attach the tablet again. Turn off virus protection for the moment and install the tablet driver, Turn antivirus back on an test the tablet.

huntresswizard2

Postby huntresswizard2 » Fri 17. Feb 2017, 10:28

wacom1 wrote:If the Wacom driver is not active, the tablet works only as mouse device (with standard mouse driver). - Unplug the tablet, uninstall the driver and remove any remaining Wacom entry in device manager. If there is an 'HID complinat mouse#; check the properties and remove the entry, if it refers to Wacom. Then restart Windows and attach the tablet again. Turn off virus protection for the moment and install the tablet driver, Turn antivirus back on an test the tablet.

Still don't work...

BlindHero

Postby BlindHero » Sun 19. Feb 2017, 23:27

I'm having a problem like this, where the tablet works as a normal mouse and not the tablet. I have already uninstalled it and it was working again for a short while before it started working like a mouse again. I don't really want to uninstall the tablet every time I want to use it, so is there any way to prevent this???

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Mon 20. Feb 2017, 10:47

If you have the problem again: unplug and replug the USB cable, if possible use another USB port (in back for the computer, turn off 'USB legacy support' in BIOS). If the tablet then does not react, restart the driver: Go to Wacom Desktop Center -> Backup Settings -> Reset Settings or Restore Settings. - (The only reason to re-install the driver would be if there is a corrupted file.)

Return to “Pen Tablets”