Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Wacom Bamboo Tablet: another shaky cursor post

Wacom Bamboo Tablet: another shaky cursor post

Postby TheMoreDeluded » Mon 16. Jul 2012, 23:39

I've had shaky cursor issues for awhile now, and have tried numerous ways of dealing with it.

The tablet works fine with my laptop (Acer aspire 6930G running Vista) and any other computer in every other location except my house. I have turned off everything electrical in my house to see if this solved anything but it has not, and resting the tablet onto tin foil or inside a frying pan (basically anything metal) has done nothing to shield the interference.

Drivers have been reinstalled numerous times to no effect.

in the diagnostics window the X and Y numbers fluxuate back and forth by about 50, and the pressure number caps at 511, which I believe is lower than usual. (have only tried this in my house however).

Anything else that I can do?
Is there a way that I can manually set the frequency that the pen uses?
TheMoreDeluded

Re: Wacom Bamboo Tablet: another shaky cursor post

Postby Wacom1 » Thu 19. Jul 2012, 15:43

Is it possible that something different is disturbing the tablet functions in your house? Mobile network antennas in the neighborhood?
As I understand the Bamboo works fine in other places, right?
Wacom1

Postby TheMoreDeluded » Thu 19. Jul 2012, 16:27

Its definately nothing in the house, although at a pinch it may be something next door, but can't really tell them to turn their stuff off for my benefit.

And no, no mobile network antennas in the neighborhood.
TheMoreDeluded

Postby Wacom » Fri 3. Aug 2012, 08:29

Jitter can come from some external electrical radiation. This would usually depend on the location. It would be bigger the more you come closer to the origin. If there is no difference within the house: jitter may also come through the USB cable, for example from 'noise' on the power line, the computer network cable, or when using powerline connections. In rare cases it comes from a component inside the computer, but then it would alsways show with this computer independant of the location.
Wacom

Return to Bamboo