Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Problem with Intuos 5

Problem with Intuos 5

Postby dcsscd » Fri 5. Apr 2013, 05:03

Hi, i just bought an Intuos 5, and im having problems with some features, specially the touch.
Im using windows 7 x64
Basicly my tablet is detecting 2 fingers when trying to use touch and this causes confusion with the commands. It starts to open menus like if i right clicked or the radial menu, etc.
I went to the diagnose tool, when nothing is touching the tablet everything looks fine, but when i touch with 1 finger, the 2nd finger starts to be fast and randomly detected. I tried disabling some windows 7 tablet features but i still have the same problem.

Also, i tried using the step foward and backward commands of photoshop with the touch ring, those worked ok, but as the shortcut its ALT+CTRL+Z and Z its for the zoom tool, when i stop using the ring it does the FW/BW command but also it selects the zoom tool, and sometimes it selects it multiple times, i remove my finger of the ring and the tool is being selected a few more times, like if had the Z button pressed, i don't know if this is normal and i just should change the shortcut or if its another problem.

the driver is 6.3.5-3, and is conected via USB, i don't have the wireless adaptor.
i tested it in windows xp an works great for the touch part, no random 2nd finger, i didn't test it on photoshop or anyother software.

Thanks
dcsscd

Re: Problem with Intuos 5

Postby Wacom » Fri 5. Apr 2013, 14:57

You have Win XP and Win7 on the same machine ? Or these are different computers ? If you have the tablet on different locations, I would suspect some influence on the touch sensor from some electrical device near the tablet. (Monitor, power supply, loudspeaker may have an effects, etc, also USB3 cable connections). There can also be an influence if one machine has a trackpad and the other not.

Another option is to check the touchpoint data in the drivers diagnostics. If it shows 2 touchpoints and one is your finger, is the other touchpoint at a fixed place more or less ? There could be a bad spot on the sensor, but I would expcet to see that on XP as well - those the associated command could be different.
Wacom

Postby dcsscd » Fri 5. Apr 2013, 17:32

Wacom wrote:You have Win XP and Win7 on the same machine ? Or these are different computers ? If you have the tablet on different locations, I would suspect some influence on the touch sensor from some electrical device near the tablet. (Monitor, power supply, loudspeaker may have an effects, etc, also USB3 cable connections). There can also be an influence if one machine has a trackpad and the other not.

Another option is to check the touchpoint data in the drivers diagnostics. If it shows 2 touchpoints and one is your finger, is the other touchpoint at a fixed place more or less ? There could be a bad spot on the sensor, but I would expcet to see that on XP as well - those the associated command could be different.

Different machines, but they are side by side, so if one has influence from some electrical device it should had have the same influence in the XP machine, i actually read about this before making the post and tried to detect if it was this, i turned off the wireless router, puched back the monitor and speakers and took the tablet some CM more away, still the same problem on the Windows 7, in XP didn't experienced this. It is not an USB 3.0 connection.

They are desktop PC, so no trackpads.

in the diagnostic, when nothing is touching, it stays with no information, 2nd finger grey out, etc. When i press with 1 finger doesn't matter where i press or if i move the finger or not, the 2nd finger starts to blink like if i was fastly tapping it. This doesn't happen on XP
dcsscd

Postby dcsscd » Fri 5. Apr 2013, 20:41

update: i tested it with a laptop also with windows 7, didn't change anything like disabling the touch/tablet functions of windows or the touchpad before installing the driver.
Worked fine.
So there is something on my machine that is causing the problem.
dcsscd

Postby Wacom » Mon 8. Apr 2013, 11:49

If that happened in all cases I would say the touch sensor is defect, but when it happens on one system only ... When you don't move the tablet and only attach the cable to the other machine and get the problem: there could be an influence coming through the cable. We had a jitter effect once that came from the graphics card. That is hard to detect.
Wacom

Postby dcsscd » Mon 8. Apr 2013, 16:21

this only happens on 1 computer, and when i touch it.
When the tablet is only connected, me don't touching it, nothing is detected on the diagnosis

The graphic card that i use is ATI RADEON 5750, the other machines where it was tested didn't have a Graphic card.

Other than this problem when i touch it looks that there is nothing else, using the pen or expresskeys seems fine.
dcsscd

Postby Wacom » Tue 9. Apr 2013, 14:44

If you have the machines running side by side and you see the problem when the tablet is attached to one machine, but not when you attach the cable to the other machine, the problem comes from either something in the machine configuration, or it could be a disturbance through the cable. - The problem we had once in a graphics card was a defect in that specific card and disappeared when we exchange the graphics card with another one of the exact same type and model. One component on the first card emitted some radiation, that was picked up by the tablet cable. - This is very rare and only an example for hard to detect effects.
Wacom

Postby dcsscd » Wed 10. Apr 2013, 08:57

I tried to test it with out the graphic card, but i couldn't make my PC run, i would need to check that, i think i need to change something on the BIOS.

The following happened today, but i can't remember every detail, sorry about that.
After trying to test it without the graphic card, i tried other options, i just installed a new hard drive, so i tested my wacom on a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate x64 (ultimate is also the one im using right now) i installed the wacom driver right after my first login to windows, same problem. then i tested after installing windows again and had some important drivers installed first, same problem. I also changed my mouse that is connected via USB for one P2P thinking that maybe it was a problem like that, but no luck.

Before this, i had found a tool that enables/disables some windows features that interfere with wacom tablets, when i tried it helped on disable some features but this problem of the touch wasn't solved. This tool has just 2 buttons, set everything bad or set everything good,i gave it another try and put everything to bad (meaning it will enable all windows features) restarted put everything to good (disabled) tried the tablet, no luck.
At this point i dont remember if i did something else or if my wacom was still detected (you know, sometimes it works but when trying to open the control panel of wacom it says is not detected) and if not i rebooted, etc, but i do remember that before i leave i was seeing the diagnostic tools and suddenly the touch feature stopped working, everything like expresskeys or the pen were ok but no the touch. This happens also frequently, when using the touch a lot or detects lot of touches and maybe also after just some minutes, the touch feature stops working, neither the activate/deactive works.

So i went out after this, the wacom plugged but i dont remember if when i leaved the touch was available or not. i came back to my pc like 5-6hrs later with a cable of another new intuos 5 that i asked to a friend, i just unpluged mine and used his, now the tablet worked fine, so i tried with mine again, it also worked fine, tried his again, no problem, mine again, no problem, I restarted and tried in the new windows and i have the problem again, restarted tried on "old" windows and there is the problem again, changed cables didn't work now.

As i said at the start of this post, im using windows ultimate, and i had noticed that there is a Wisptis.exe task running, also i had found that this process might interfere with wacom tablets, but i haven't been able to get rid of it, i have tried disabling some services and tablet features of windows. In the other machine with W7 i didn't see this process, but this was W7 professional, im going to try installing that and test there, but i think if this was the problem there would be more users reporting this kind of issue, also i don't remember if i have seen the tablet working with and without that process running. i mean, i dont remember if when it worked on this pc there was the process running, or some of the times in the other pc it was there and others dont.

Update, tested it on windows pro, no Wisptis.exe, didn't work.
dcsscd

Return to Intuos / Intuos Pro