Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Cintiq 13HD - No Input Signal

Cintiq 13HD - No Input Signal

Postby Nadia101 » Thu 2. May 2013, 13:14

Helo,

I recently bought my Cintiq 13HD. I have a Macbook and I have also the HDMI adapter. My problem is, when I have everything connected , I get " No Input Signal" on the screen of my Cintiq. I have checked everything and restarted many times but nothing helps. I wonder if this got to do with the HDMI adapter, because the buttons of the Cintiq are the only things working right now.

The Adapter I use:

" Belkin Mini DisplayPort to HDTV cable"

Is this the problem? (although it does connect with HDMI cables)
Nadia101

Re: Cintiq 13HD - No Input Signal

Postby Wacom » Thu 2. May 2013, 15:55

The problem could be the adapter. - I am using a newer Macbook 13", that has a direct HDMI connection, but has also mini displayport/thunderbolt connectors. When using that we use an adapter from Dr.Bott (displaport to DVI and HDMI) at the moment. We will test more adapters and find out, which one works best and reliable.
Wacom

Postby tabwac » Thu 2. May 2013, 17:05

Try to install the driver from the cd. I had trouble with the downloaded driver on my mac mini. I installed the driver from the cd restarted my mac mini an the Cintiq 13HD was recognized.
tabwac

Postby resonantfish » Fri 3. May 2013, 00:59

Cable problems on this model seem to be an epidemic. I've spoken with a few people who have had similar issues.

I'm also using a Belkin HDMI/MDP adapter, and that got the visual signal to show up on the Cintiq... but the data signal and pen responsiveness never happened, and I tried it on two computers with the exact same issue. Neither one recognizes that the tablet exists, because there's no data over the USB. (And I used both drivers.)

Good luck getting yours connected... mine has been a total disaster, and I have to wait endlessly for a replacement - as have others.
resonantfish

Postby Nadia101 » Fri 3. May 2013, 02:48

I already installed from both the cd and the drivers from the site. none worked. I will be awaiting for a new adapter tomorrow and I will see if it will work.
Nadia101

Postby Wacom » Fri 3. May 2013, 11:56

The tablet driver handles only the digitizer sensor in the unit, not the display. With the driver installed, the pen should be able to move the screen pointer, even if the Cintiq HDMI cable is not connected. - If possible try the tablet on a machine with HDMI connector, that does not require an additional adapter - to be sure that the hardware is ok. If the driver does not detect the tablet and the display is not detected by the drivers driver, it could be a problem with the cable.
Wacom

Postby Nadia101 » Fri 3. May 2013, 18:16

I have got my new adapter today, and the Cintiq finally worked :) So I guess its because I used a wrong adapter. problem solved for me.
Nadia101

Postby xosep » Mon 13. May 2013, 14:28

Sorry, Nadia101: which adapter worked fine for you?? Because I have tried 3 different MDP-HDMI adapters (one of them, the Belkin you had), but none of them works, and I only get the "No input signal" message...
xosep

Postby Nadia101 » Wed 15. May 2013, 08:20

xosep wrote:Sorry, Nadia101: which adapter worked fine for you?? Because I have tried 3 different MDP-HDMI adapters (one of them, the Belkin you had), but none of them works, and I only get the "No input signal" message...

I have used one of those:

http://www.kabeltje.com/images/SW-22067.jpg

I think this is Monoprice's HDMI adapter.
Nadia101

Postby mkthommo99 » Mon 20. May 2013, 19:58

Wacom, please help. I have a macbook pro (approx 6 years old) with a DVI connection plus a cintiq 13hd. and I also get the "no input signal message". So far I have tried 3 different HDMI to DVI connectors and none of them work. I contacted your support line and they said I should take a photograph of the connector and take it to a shop to ensure getting the right connector. What do I have to do to get advice on the right connector to use? it is getting a little expensive in connectors, never mind the frustration of spending alot of money on the cintiq and not being able to use what appears to be a great product.
mkthommo99

Next

Return to Cintiq / PL