Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Cintiq 13HD and Mac Mini

Cintiq 13HD and Mac Mini

Postby ha_63 » Sat 1. Jun 2013, 07:59

I'm thinking of buying the new Mac Mini but would appreciate some advice regarding using it with my Cintiq 13HD and a second screen.
What I would like to do is attach a BENQ screen via the Mini Display Port and the Cintiq via the HDMI port. Would this work?

Also, there are HDMI adapters available that connect via USB. Would these work OK? I have a two screen setup already on a Mac Pro but when connecting the tablet I lose one of the screens.. it goes black.. something to do with incompatible dual-link MDP adapters I believe. So, I'm wondering if by-passing the graphics card connection and using a HDMI USB adapter may be the answer?

I hope I've made some sense here. Would really appreciate some thoughts on this.

Thank you.
ha_63

Re: Cintiq 13HD and Mac Mini

Postby Wacom » Mon 3. Jun 2013, 09:39

You can connect the Cintiq13 by HDMI directly or with adapters by mini displayport - it works here either way with Macbook Pro on both connections. I can connect the Cintiq and another monitor and have 3 displays together. We don't have the new Mac Mini here, but it has the same type of connections and should work as well.
Wacom

Postby ha_63 » Mon 3. Jun 2013, 10:53

Thank you for your response, that is encouraging news.

Another question, if I may. I have a Mac Pro with two Cinema displays attached. My graphics card supports two mini display ports and one DVI port. My main 30 inch screen is attached via DVI directly, and the smaller screen via MDP. When attaching the Cintiq to the second MDP via the HDMI adapter my large screen goes black. Something to do with the HDMI adapter not being a 'live' dual-link. This is why I was asking whether a USB-HDMI adapter, used mainly for attaching television screens, would work?

Thank you for any further advice.
ha_63

Postby Wacom » Mon 3. Jun 2013, 13:31

Sorry, I have no experience with USB to HDMI adapters. We have another tablet model for special situations, that uses Displaylink technology for the display portion of the unit, so it needs only a USB connection (see http://signature.wacom.eu/products/hardware/dtu-1031). This requires special displaylink software on the computer and I guess, that is probably the same with such an adapter.
Wacom

Postby ha_63 » Mon 3. Jun 2013, 13:51

Thank you.. I appreciate your help.
ha_63

Return to Cintiq / PL

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu