Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Middle Mouse Button in Firefox

Middle Mouse Button in Firefox

Postby Lucky » Tue 13. Oct 2009, 18:41

Hello Wacom,

i just got an Bamboo 2nd Generation (Pen & Touch). Good job though. There is one request for the future or perhaps there is a simple solution i don't know. In Firefox the middle mouse button is great for opening a link in a new tab page. The only possible solution to control this during touch mode is to assign the middle mouse button to one of the sidebar buttons. Is there any possibilty to emulate the middle mouse button with a gesture or a special touch? It would made things much more convenient.

Regards
Ralf
Lucky

Re: Middle Mouse Button in Firefox

Postby Wacom » Wed 14. Oct 2009, 15:39

It's not possible to have the gestures doing something else than given by the driver. There are no plans to change this, since the gestures mostly follow common standards in Mac OS and Windows 7.
Wacom

Postby Virtual DarKness » Wed 28. Oct 2009, 18:14

Hello,
I'm considering to buy a wacom bamboo pen & touch but I do agree with Lucky that the middle mouse button is a useful feature to have in application like firefox..

For common standards in Mac OS and Win. 7 do you mean gestures standard?

Cause it would be nice to simply have the middle click as a 3 fingers touch, as the right click is a two fingers touch. This one should not conflict with other gestures..

bye,
Giovanni.
Virtual DarKness

Postby Wacom » Thu 29. Oct 2009, 09:39

We support only 2 finger gestures, not 3 fingers, so it is limited.
Wacom

Postby Virtual DarKness » Thu 29. Oct 2009, 14:35

Hi,
I see.. thanks for your answer!

I then hope the middle click action will be possible to do in some way in the future; at that point I won't miss the mouse at 100%.. but for now it looks very good as it is, so I think I'll get used to ctrl+finger click and/or I'll assign the middle click action to the big button of the tablet.. maybe the one at the bottom of the sidebar so that it should be quick to click using the thumb.

bye,
Giovanni.
Virtual DarKness

Postby newusername » Fri 27. Nov 2009, 21:22

I was disappointed that there is no touch gesture for middle mouse click. My laptop's trackpad registers two finger touch as middle mouse click after configuration, as I use middle mouse click more often than right click! (Firefox open new tab as mentioned, and closing windows using the Windows 7 taskbar). I don't understand the lack of configuration under the pretext of "common standard" since the user should decide what's more convenient for him/her (I also don't know of a common standard on Windows anyway).

I think I might return my newly brought Wacom since middle touch is very important to me (having to move my hand to push a button is not an option) and the lack of configuration is imho a bad decision.
newusername

Postby Virtual DarKness » Fri 27. Nov 2009, 22:45

hello..
using it i've also noticed that holding down one finger and then clicking with the second one on the right, you get a right click.. that is very handy.. so I do agree that the double finger click should be used for use with right or middle click so that one user could decide to use right click only when clicking with the second finger after the first one has been down for some time..

this should be possible to implement even if the tablet only supports two fingers gestures. and then for the "stand alone" right click the user could set a sidebar button..

bye,
Giovanni.

p.s.
this feature could be added as a new driver update I guess, so maybe you won't need to return your tablet if we get some positive feedback from the staff about this suggestion and if this fits well for you too..
Virtual DarKness

Postby Wacom » Mon 30. Nov 2009, 16:10

Though it could be possible in some future driver, I do not see such an option coming anytime soon.
Wacom

Postby Sodapop » Fri 26. Mar 2010, 02:28

I found this thread because I was specifically looking for some help regarding the absence of the middle-click gesture on Bamboo Pen & Touch. It's good to see that it's not just me that miss it. Overall I think it's really a fantastic product, but the lack of some features are pretty annoying.

I understand the possible difficulties or limitations of the system to implement it, but frankly this is hardly acceptable in such an advanced device.

There are four tapping gestures already available: single finger tap, double finger tap, touch to the left (or right) of the finger tap. The user should be able to freely define them as click, right-click and middle-click (if ever implemented).

I hope there is a solution to all of these problems in a near future.
Sodapop

Postby danieljay » Wed 2. Nov 2011, 08:23

I really love the touch feature but as a Maya user I absolutely must have a middle mouse button option or else it's pretty useless.
danieljay

Next

Return to Bamboo