Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/
Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Support:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-916
NOTE: Apple Released 10.15.1 which solves some of these issues. Please update as soon as possible.

Why is the cursor on Windows a white dot or crosshairs? [FIXED]:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-661

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you wondering which software to choose, check the trial versions below:

MSP 16 i7 BIOS no USB boot option?? (insydeh20 5.0) please help

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
Apollojw

MSP 16 i7 BIOS no USB boot option?? (insydeh20 5.0) please help

Postby Apollojw » Sun 22. Jan 2017, 15:37

Dear all,

I recently purchased the MSP 16 i7 (the top spec) I decided to do reset and reinstall (bad mistake...) during the process it got stuck on 93%.. I was forced to restart, when this happened the computer has been stuck on restart loop!!

I opened BIOS insydeh20 5.0, its not anything I've seen before, the options aren't even there for me to manually force it to boot from a USB etc. see attached pictures

I bought a keyboard with a USB C adapter, also bought a USB C flash drive, managed to get the system into a windows menu giving you the option to ttroubleshoot etc.. though require an admin + account in order to execute anything, so CMD prompt, system restore, startup repair, nothing works.. there is a reset, pressed the reset the dialog comes up ''getting things ready.... there was a problem resetting your PC''

I purchased the system from overseas, I had waited a very long time for the device.. its really frustrating, can anyone shed some light to as high to get this BIOS to boot with the USB?

wacom1

Re: MSP 16 i7 BIOS no USB boot option?? (insydeh20 5.0) please help

Postby wacom1 » Mon 23. Jan 2017, 10:04

If you have Windows running, select 'restart' while pressing Shift to get to the blue troubleshooting screen. If Windows is not running, turn the unit off, press Volume Up+Down simultaniously while switching the MSP on. After a moment you should see the Wacom logo and a 'Please wait' message, then a blue screen should show with an account selection. If you follow this (and cancel the restore selection) you should alos come to the blue troubleshooting screen. Here select Troubleshoot then 'reset this pc' and 'remove evrything''. The system will do some preparation then show 'Remove evrything'. This will reset the unit to factory defaults.

On the blue troubleshooting screen, you can also go to 'Troubleshoot' - Advance options' and then to the UEFI firmware settings (or try Startup repair and other options'. I think you have reached this stage already. In the UEFI screen there is a boot manager option which should direct you to Windows Boot Manager or another EFI bootable device if attached. I think it should show a USB drive, if you have one prepared to be UEFI bootable.

Apollojw

Postby Apollojw » Mon 23. Jan 2017, 10:57

Hi All,

I've spent all weekend trying to repair it, and I did eventually.. I literally could not get to any option, windows probably had corrupted during initial re-install.

Here's how to boot from USB on this particular BIOS.
Use RUFUS
make sure the partition is MBR > UEFI (only this option will give the exfat)
we tried to use normal boot settings using Rufus, usual protocol but this one had us scratching our heads for hours, this bios doesnt give you the option to manually select or anything, the only option that comes under boot on BIOS is ''num lock on/off'' there isnt a list of boot options, or an option to change to legacy etc..

to get to the front page, I had to disable quick boot on the list on the only available BIOS options, having disabling that the system memory can start the process on boot, it gives me the option to hit ESC and get to the front page of the BIOS, rather than taking me straight into BIOS, on the front page select boot manager, and USB should display.

This set of instructions is when all else fails, if you can't boot from USB because ''system doesnt support USB boot message'' use this method.

Windows recovery didn't work and none of the advanced options work because it didn't recognise me as a user / admin, rendering all options on the windows recovery menu useless.

cr3studio

Postby cr3studio » Mon 15. Apr 2019, 06:48

Im desperate for help im at the BIOS solution now but my bluetooth keyboard isnt working do i need one with a cord?

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Mon 15. Apr 2019, 10:18

Yes, you need a USB Keyboard. You cannot connect to Bluethooth from the BIOS.

cr3studio

Postby cr3studio » Mon 15. Apr 2019, 21:32

I just went and got a keyboard and it works but when i hold escape on startup nothing happens, any ideas? i managed to make a boot usb using another program should that be plugged in at startup or not?

I get the memory test but then it goes to bios

cr3studio

Postby cr3studio » Mon 15. Apr 2019, 21:35

actually in tiny letters it said del so that worked but now im getting Windows cannot open the required file D:\Sources\Install.wim

Any idea how to resolve this?

Return to “Pen Computers”