Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you are not able to register, please use the trial version of the software below and try to register again at a later date.

Wacom Drivers:
December 2018: New driver released for Windows (6.3.32-4) and Mac (6.3.32-3). Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Windows 10 Fall 2018 Update:
Updating to the newest Windows 10 Fall update? Wacom has identified a few issues within the latest update. Pan/Scroll is not working correctly in some applications. Also, Modifier Clicks do not work when assigned to pen buttons or ExpressKeys, see the screenshot below. The Wacom driver team has submitted a bug report with Microsoft for these issues and will continue to work with them until it is fixed. More information can be found here: here

Mac OS 10.14 Mojave:
Upgrading to Mac OS 10.14 Mojave? A new Mac OSX security feature requires some additional changes to run the Wacom Driver correctly. Please see the instructions found on our support page here. Also, If you have any issues, please try a clean driver install. Follow the steps here.

Wacom Intous4 WL functions, than doesn't, and then functions again

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
redmarfeenstra

Wacom Intous4 WL functions, than doesn't, and then functions again

Postby redmarfeenstra » Fri 11. Jan 2019, 07:23

Goodmorning to you all,

My wacom intuous4 has developed a strange issue since January 10th 2091, which could've started (but there's no solid evidence for that, other than my assumption it dis so) after some windows updates were installed on my windows pc.

The issue is that my wacom works, but then stops peforming until I 'awake' it again via a work-around. To be more specific: upon system startup, the wacom acts normally and i can use it (for entering windows login pincode for example) - only after Windows is completely up and running (i.e desktop loaded and all start-up processes running), the wacom suddenly stops working. Only after I dive into the Wacom Tablet Properties (for to do so i have to use a mouse) and run Diagnose (in the About section), the wacom comes to life again. After I've done this, the wacom functions fine. Very strange indeed.

My system specs:
System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-4930K CPU @ 3,40GHz. 32Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX-1070, NVIDIA Driver 398.82 (latest)
Wacom Intous4 WL, Model: PTK-540WL, Control panel version: 6.3.32-4, Driver: 6.3.32-4 (latest)

Hoping for your support,

Many thanks in advance,

Sincerely,

Redmar Finestrom

wacom5

Re: Wacom Intous4 WL functions, than doesn't, and then functions again

Postby wacom5 » Fri 11. Jan 2019, 09:42

Hi.
Thank you for the details.
When this happens next time, can you please:
  • Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc
  • Click on the "Services" tab
  • Look for "WTabletServicePro" and check the status of this service
I have the feeling something in Windows is causing the tablet to stop working. If this was a hardware issue, opening the Diagnostics would not resolve the issue.
If you haven't already, please make a clean driver install: https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-uninstall-(manually)-and-re-install-the-Wacom-driver-on-Windows-for-a-Pen-Tablet%2C-Pen-Display%2C-or-Pen-Computer%3F&guideId=ce67b2c8-4f6f-47c8-93cd-4c6581992d1c

redmarfeenstra

Postby redmarfeenstra » Mon 14. Jan 2019, 16:06

Hello Wacom5,

Thanks for your help. I didn't have time to check your suggestion earlier, hence my delayed reaction. Unfortunately (or not, depending on viewpoint), the "WTabletServicePro" is running when my wacom acts funny. I haven't got the chance yet to clean all wacom and re-install the driver since I'm on a big render job, but as soon as I can, I'll do that too.

Thanks anyway for reaching out,

Sincerely,

Redmar Finestrom

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Tue 15. Jan 2019, 08:07

Understood. Thank you for checking that out.
Do you have any other 3rd party peripheral driver installed? Something might be is running interference as well.

redmarfeenstra

Postby redmarfeenstra » Tue 15. Jan 2019, 08:41

Hello Wacom5,

The clean install per your suggestion and helpful link did the trick. The wacom now functions fine again.

To all readers of this topic however: make sure Use Windows Ink is disabled in the wacom properties, since that can seriously mess fine wacom operations up.

Thanks again for reaching out,

Sincerely,

Redmar Finestrom

Return to “Pen Tablets”