Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Cursor in upper left corner

Re: Cursor in upper left corner

Postby creamdonut » Sat 6. Feb 2010, 00:08

Hey, I'm having a similar problem with a volito2 on windows 7. When I start Photoshop, the cursor goes to the upper left corner. If I erase the preferences I can use the pen on the full screen, however I can't use pen pressure. I need assistance on this for real, because I can't work in photoshop like this.
creamdonut

Postby Wacom » Mon 8. Feb 2010, 14:41

Go to WIndows list of programs and 'features' or functions. Uninstalle the 'Optional TabletPC/Pen components' and restart. If you need handwriting recognition and Office pen inking function, reinstall the pen components again (otherwise it is not needed). This should correct the mapping problem.
Wacom

Postby creamdonut » Mon 15. Feb 2010, 16:44

I had already done that, and still got the same problem.
creamdonut

Postby DaftDog » Wed 17. Feb 2010, 08:20

Hi,
I have the same problem as ralphbolliger in Snow Leopard. Deleting the preferences for the user works temporarily, but after restarting the problem is back. Opening the preferences several times to make sure they are saved doesn't do the trick either. Any clue if it's the driver or software? And if so, is a new version coming up soon that fixes the problem?
DaftDog

Postby eoskam » Sun 28. Feb 2010, 20:22

I also have the same problem as mentioned before:
When my Wacom tablet is connected to my Macbook during boot the pen/tablet doesn't seem to work. As soon as I hold the pen near the tablet (cursor is always in the upper left corner) I get a black screen on the Macbook for 2-3 seconds and when the black screen disappears the pen/tablet doesn't work and the cursor is still in the upper left corner (hold the pen close to the tablet again and black screen appears again, and so on and so forth).

When I look at the 'screen area' (hope this is the correct translation from Dutch settings) in the Pen Tablet options (Pen modus) I see that the upper left corner is the whole of the tablet screen area.

When the tablet is disconnected during boot and I connect it when my Mac is running the problem doesn't occur.

Info:
Macbook: Mac OS X
Wacom Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch, problem occured for the first time with driver 5.0.2-5. After an update to driver 5.2.1-3 problem wasn't resolved.
eoskam

Postby Wacom » Mon 1. Mar 2010, 14:30

We are currently looking into the issue occuring on Windows.

@Mac users: can you please try to reset the preferences via Applications/Pen Tablet (for Bamboo) or Applications/Wacom Tablet (for Intuos)?
Wacom

Postby akawana » Fri 12. Mar 2010, 14:18

Wacom,

You are "working" on this problem since your Bamboo product is on market. I got mine 4 month ago and still can't use it.

Stop posting 10+ solutions which doesn't help or help till next reboot. Is it so hard to prepare a driver which will check previously installed tablets and remove old files and configurations? Driver which will ask user if he needs Windows PenTablet features or not?

A lot of people keep asking you to fix this and your last driver date is still 24/11/2009! 10+ topics on forum!

Windows Vista 32bit.
Bamboo Pen & Touch
tablet* etc. files removed
previously installed tablets removed
Windows PenTouch features disabled
Made 10+ times tablet configuration file reset
HID driver on/off/uninstall and reinstall again

Thx.
akawana

Postby Wacom » Fri 12. Mar 2010, 15:52

@akawana: In the past years we have seen three cases with a pointer going to the upper left corner:
a) it can happen with some non-standard Windows mouse drivers
b) sometimes it is related to the Windows pen inking system
c) it can of course also happen when the tablet preference file is corrupted for some reason.

In case a) we recommend to remove that driver and use the regular standard Windows mouse driver. For b) disable the service 'TabletPC Input Service' or uninstall the 'optional tabletpc components'. For c) remove the tablet preference file with the tablet preference utility.

In case a) and b) you can usually reinstall the other software and it fixes apparently some wrong parameter settings or incomplete installations. As we have no way to control the settings and completeness of various 'other' software, the best option is to uninstall, verify that the problem is gone and then reinstall, if needed.
Wacom

Postby akawana » Fri 12. Mar 2010, 16:26

Wacom,

Please read my prev. post before to answer.

b) DISABLED
c) DELETED many times with your file preference utility and also by complete uninstallation of Tablet

As about (A)

Mouse: Logitech
Driver: Standard Windows driver (NOT Logitech) version 6.0.6001.18000

Again, I'm posting not because I expect your solution right now. I'm waiting for new driver which can handle all such cases and do all of solutions discussed on forum automatically.

Thx.
akawana

Postby Wacom » Mon 15. Mar 2010, 16:05

We can fix a problem only if we can see and examine it. There is one additional case, that a colleage has seen sometimes on his system, but could not reproduce yet. In that case it helps to change the current screen resolution once to another resolution and back. (This points to a problem getting the correct screen size from the graphics driver.)
Wacom

PreviousNext

Return to Bamboo

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu