Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

B: Fun - Problem with your Tablet Driver.

B: Fun - Problem with your Tablet Driver.

Postby MartinJKnight » Tue 15. Dec 2009, 21:11

Everytime I open up Adobe Photoshop CS4 I get the error...

There is a problem with your Tablet Driver. Please reboot your system. If the problem persists reinstall or update the driver.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the Driver.

Current version is 5.2.1-6.
Windows 7 64-bit.
MartinJKnight

Re: B: Fun - Problem with your Tablet Driver.

Postby Wacom » Wed 16. Dec 2009, 10:29

Go to start menu -> pen tablet and use the tablet preference utility to remove the settings for 'all' users. Then open the tablet properties to verify, that the driver runs. If there is still a problem with CS4, start PS while pressing Ctrl-Alt-Shift in order to reset the CS4 prefs as well.
Wacom

Postby MartinJKnight » Wed 16. Dec 2009, 15:32

It works fine when I've got the old Driver installed from Disc, but once I've updated the Driver to 5.21-6 the problem occurs.

I've tried resetting the settings for the Wacom, driver still works fine, and I've tried the CTRL + ALT + SHIFT while Photoshop boots up and the problem persists.
MartinJKnight

Postby Wacom » Wed 16. Dec 2009, 16:13

In that case I suggest to uninstall the driver, restart Windows, search for remaining files wacom*.*, tablet*.*, wintab*.* and pentab*.* especially in SYSTEM32 (and SYSWOW64) and remove all. Then install the driver again.
Wacom

Postby MartinJKnight » Wed 16. Dec 2009, 16:47

Thanks. Booted up in SafeMode, and come across some stray files. Installed the driver and booted up in Normal mode.

Works fine now. Appreciated.
MartinJKnight

Return to Bamboo