Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

"Tablet Driver is not running" error with Bamboo Pen

Re: "Tablet Driver is not running" error with Bamboo Pen

Postby Wacom » Mon 18. Jan 2010, 16:44

Go to Windows services, find the TabletServicePen and set its start type to 'manual'. Restart Windows. If the tablet is connected it will work as a mouse device, in case of the touch models only touch will work. Then start the service when needed. To do this faster, create a shortcut on the desktop, enter 'net start tabletservicepen' as command and give it a name like 'start tablet'. Then check the properties of the shortcut and allow it to run as administrator.

Now you can use this to start the tablet only when needed. The delayed start can also prevent some problems, when the tablet is not found during the start.
Wacom

Postby Salokorai » Sun 31. Jan 2010, 11:31

Ok, now this is driving me insane.
My tablet drive doesn't work, no matter what I do. Neither doesn't it start automatically nor manually!!! I reinstalled it about 20 times now, with the setup on the CD and a downloaded one.
Just what is the problem!?
I use Vista as a system.
My tablet only works as mouse, and if it comes to drawing, I can draw with mouse as good as with tablet, I only need the pen-pressure, and if that doesn't work, I don't need the tablet.
Salokorai

Postby Wacom » Mon 1. Feb 2010, 15:35

Perhaps the problem is due to a driver bug, that we discovered 2 weeks ago: If your user account name has non-latin characters, the driver cannot read and write its configuration files. In that case, create a new user with a latin charater name, log into this account and install the driver there.
Wacom

Postby Salokorai » Sun 7. Feb 2010, 10:07

my username only has latin characters :C
And by the way, I noticed, bevore logging in, the driver sometimes works, but when I log in, it doesn't anymore...
Salokorai

Postby Wacom » Mon 8. Feb 2010, 16:26

Check the cable connections, make sure to attach it to the back of the machine and not through a USB extension such as a hub. Unplug and replug the tablet. Go to start menu and use the tablet preferend utility to remove the settings and restart the driver.

Test for interfering programs in background: Press Windowskey+R, enter 'msconfig' and go to the Systemstartup panel. There disable all entries for testing purpose, restart and test. If it works enable the entries in the list step by step to find the conflict.
Wacom

Postby Misanthropy » Tue 16. Mar 2010, 21:11

I know this is an older post but it is a problem I just encountered and I would like to state that I had this exact same problem on Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate with a Wacom Bamboo (MTE-450).
The problem was resolved by running the uninstaller located at:
Code: Select all
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tablet

and then reinstalling the driver (with admin privileges?)

For the sake of being thorough, you might also opt to remove:
Code: Select all
C:\Program Files (x86)\TabletPlugins

It will probably be different for you, but it is pretty easy to find.

If the cable is the problem for you (thankfully it wasn't with me)
there is no need to panic as the cable the Wacom tablet uses a very common type of cable-
a 'male mini B-type' to a 'male A-type':
You almost certainly have one if you possess an MP3 player, cell phone, psp, external hard drive, or another bamboo tablet.
Chances are that isn't the problem, but it never hurts to test.

Misanthropy
Misanthropy

Postby tomatoshadow » Sat 2. Mar 2013, 02:31

I have the same problem and nothing described in this thread did the slightest change.
tomatoshadow

Error again and again.

Postby HrvojeAbramovic » Tue 30. Apr 2013, 15:35

I've done all following steps, found old files, deleted all, reinstalled drivers and stuff. But again when I restart my pc i got error again and again. I don't know what to do. Please reply me.

(I use Bamboo pen&touch, and problem occured since i bought new, bigger monitor, mybe problem is there.)
HrvojeAbramovic

Postby Wacom » Thu 2. May 2013, 16:28

The driver should not be affected by a monitor, but sometimes there is some electrical device near the tablet which triggers the touch sensor and can stop the driver. This can be a monitor, loudspeaker, power supply etc. So for testing move the tablet away from other devices and cables, use the preference file utility to removing the settings and restart to driver. See if that makes a difference.
Wacom

Previous

Return to Bamboo