Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

question about possible Cintiq's TFT radiation

question about possible Cintiq's TFT radiation

Postby comic-buddy » Fri 2. Jan 2009, 19:35

First, hello everyone here. :)

Hi, I am looking forward purchasing a Cintiq 12wx.

My only pending concern is... Well, you may find it funny, but being it actually a TFT screen, is it not sort of harming for health to be drawing in direct contact over a surface that, even being a TFT (not CRT), emits certain radiation? specially those of us who draw many hours a day (or close to all of them) and often have the face, etc, too near to the "paper"...

I would really like to know, because I think a solution like the Cintiq is the absolutely ideal thing for a person like me who draws so much, and have to make more than 80% of the work digitally (inking, colouring.) Or better said, becomes quite faster if done digitally.
Some other friends of mine have this same pre-purchase question...

Thank you in advance,
comic-buddy

Re: question about possible Cintiq's TFT radiation

Postby Wacom » Tue 6. Jan 2009, 16:22

Unlike CRT monitors, the only radiation from TFT monitors is light and warmth. The Cintiq is a tablet besides being a TFT monitor and all tablets emit some low energy electromagnetic waves, which is giving the energy to the pen. There is no negative effect.
Wacom

Re: question about possible Cintiq's TFT radiation

Postby comic-buddy » Wed 7. Jan 2009, 18:01

Thank you very much for this answer: I have decided to purchase it. It's going to make wonders in my workflow. :)
comic-buddy

Return to Cintiq / PL

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu