Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Intuos3 "A supported tablet was not found on the system"

Intuos3 "A supported tablet was not found on the system"

Postby pynchon » Sun 10. Jan 2010, 11:40

Almost bald, even!

Currently running on Windows 7 64 bit.

Installed the current drivers, WacomTablet_612-5, from wacom support page. Yet, I am experiencing very annoying issues. I've installed the drivers many times, removed them, verified the TabletServiceWacom is set to automatic. Windows 7 detects the tablet there, installs the device and recognizes it by name. However, if I were to place the pen over the tablet, Seven throws a complete fit, throwing the message in the Wacom Control Panel "A supported tablet was not found on the system." This is almost constant... place the pen over the tablet... windows pnp wav file sounds...tantrum...unplug usb...plug usb in...windows detects tablet pnp wave file sounds...place pen over tablet...pnp wav file sounds...tantrum... almost continuous, even after a reboot, the message is persistent.

Now, the tablet was working with very minimal issues not only a week ago, the system may have been restarted 3 times since then and I've just now uninstalled, installed the drivers, rebooted and this is almost constant.

I've installed this on an XP system and it works flawlessly.....

Wacom Please credit me a replacement for a Intuos4MED/Large or Cintiq21UX, even trade ;)
pynchon

Re: Intuos3 "A supported tablet was not found on the system"

Postby Wacom » Mon 11. Jan 2010, 13:05

I am not sure to understand: Windows may detect a tablet when you plug it in, but that is it. There is no need to detect it again with the pen in proximity - and even if so, why unplug and replug it ?

Since the hardware seems ok, I would uninstall the driver and restart Win7 with the tablet. It should work as mouse now before any tablet driver is installed. I would check for problems in device manager and resolve any problems and conflicts at this stage. If all is fine, install the tablet driver (6.12 or 6.11). - Make sure to connect the tablet directly to a USB port in the back of the machine, not through a hub or other USB extension. That might not work correctly.

If there is still a problem, check in BIOS for USB related settings like 'boot from USB stick', that might interfere.
Wacom

Return to Intuos / Intuos Pro

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu