Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

"No tablet found" Mac OSX 10.6 - Bamboo

"No tablet found" Mac OSX 10.6 - Bamboo

Postby shifty » Thu 14. Jan 2010, 11:25

Hi everybody
I have a Bamboo MTE-450 and I decided to install the last driver (cons521-3_int) and when I go into the preferences panel the Pen Tablet menu said "No Tablet found ...".

So, I tried the previous driver (cons520-6_int) which doesn't work better. I also tried to install driver while the tablet is linked/unlinked to the Mac.

Perhaps it's a bad uninstall of the previous version, but I did it normally and when I type some keyword on spotlight nothing appear so ... I don't know what to try next ...

Am I using the work driver ?

- Shifty
shifty

Re: "No tablet found" Mac OSX 10.6 - Bamboo

Postby Wacom » Fri 15. Jan 2010, 16:44

Without driver installed, the tablet works ? It should control the screen pointer like a regular mouse or touchpad - otherwise probably something is wrong with the hardware.

If it works as mouse: make sure to connect the tablet directly to the machine, not through a hub, keyboard, monitor or other USB extension. Try different ports as well. - If a driver was installed before, some parts are perhaps not properly removed. Especially have a look at \Library\Preferences\Tablet and delete older preferences files. Then install the driver again.
Wacom

Postby shifty » Fri 15. Jan 2010, 20:55

Hi Wacom :)

Sorry for Haven't say this precisions on my first post ...

So to answer you :

1 - Without driver installed the tablet works pefectly as a mouse on every usb port of the mac.
2 - The tablet is connected right to the machine. I try every USB ports.
3 - I cleaned the \Library\Preferences\Tablet folder before all installation of the tablet.

I'm kinda lost ... :/
Thank you for helping me
shifty

Postby Wacom » Mon 18. Jan 2010, 15:32

When you look into activity monitor, you have PenTabletDriver and TabletDriver running ? Perhaps also a ConsumerTouchDriver. If not, go to \Library\ApplicationSupport\Tablet and try to start the PenTabletDriver directly.
Wacom

Postby shifty » Mon 18. Jan 2010, 22:22

Hello wacom, thank you for helping me :)

So, yes I have the TabletDriver on the activity monitor. But only this one. I tried to kill it and launch it from \Library\ApplicationSupport\Tablet, nothing change.

So if you have any idea ?

Perhaps it wil help you, but when I plug in the tablet via USB, a the ink property icon appear into the preferences panel. So I don't know ...

Thanks again
shifty

Postby Wacom » Tue 19. Jan 2010, 12:30

Do you have some special programs installed like USBOverdrive, MouseCommand or some keyboard manager ? Some older versions might interfere ... Otherwise uninstall the tablet driver again, restart, run the 'repair permission' utility, then install the 5.21 driver again.
Wacom

Return to Bamboo

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu