Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Bamboo pen problems in Windows 7

Bamboo pen problems in Windows 7

Postby GrenadeJ » Thu 11. Feb 2010, 10:29

Hello there Wacom!

Whenever I draw with my pen i.e in photoshop CS4 I get this delay for half a second or so. That's everytime I'm trying to draw a new line. Would be really awesome if you could figure out how to disable this "input lag" or something like that.

Methods I've tried:
Tried to turn off pen feedback in regedit.
Tried to disable Tablet PC Input Service in windows 'services'.

Hope you figure it out soon :-)

Edit: Didn't have this problem when using Win XP
Edit: Edit: Tried some further and when I try to draw immensly (drawing many lines in a short period of time) I get this circle (not the feedback circle). Like a gesture circle.
Edit: Edit: Edit: When I put the pen on the tablet and hold it still then draw a small circle I get this gesture circle again. I think the problems are related.

-Grenade
GrenadeJ

Re: Bamboo pen problems in Windows 7

Postby Wacom » Thu 11. Feb 2010, 14:27

Go to Windows 'features' list and uninstall the 'Optional TabletPC components', then restart. Furthermore in the tablet driver properties panel, set the doublclick distance to minimum.
Wacom

Postby GrenadeJ » Thu 11. Feb 2010, 14:49

This didn't disable the hold & draw circle function or the original input lag, but it did fix my cursor problem in CS4 when the cursor is stuck in the left corner.
GrenadeJ

Postby GrenadeJ » Thu 11. Feb 2010, 15:00

Ok figured this stuff out: go to 'features' as said before and turn off optional Tablet PC.

Then write this in a txt file:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\TabletPC]
"TurnOffPenFeedback"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Pen\SysEventParameters]
"HoldMode"=dword:00000003

This will remove the click-and-hold thing that gives you initial input lag.
And it will also remove those rings you get when you click the pencil.
It will also remove the annoying mapping bug which locks the cursor up to the left corner.

Greets.

Thx to other members and Wacom services.
Hope that someone can enjoy this. :)
GrenadeJ

Postby Wacom » Fri 12. Feb 2010, 09:52

Thanks for the feedback. (Actually users should not have to edit the registry for such things. Windows7 should have the same options as Vista in the 'Pen and Devices' control panel.)
Wacom

Postby Rapture » Mon 1. Mar 2010, 07:10

I am having the exact same problems listed in the first message of this thread. My tablet worked fine with XP but now I am on Windows 7 and I cannot draw any quick, short pen strokes. I am also getting the circle icon mentioned above. I have already tried decreasing the double click speed and that didn't help at all. I also uninstalled the Optional TabletPC components, and that also did nothing. Please help, I would really like this fixed, and I don't understand the part about editing the registry.
Rapture

Postby Rapture » Mon 1. Mar 2010, 07:44

Well I somehow managed to figure out how to edit the registry according to the above post and it is working perfectly now. Thanks GrenadeJ!!!
Rapture

Postby AEOblivion » Sat 15. May 2010, 18:06

GrenadeJ wrote:Ok figured this stuff out: go to 'features' as said before and turn off optional Tablet PC.

Then write this in a txt file:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\TabletPC]
"TurnOffPenFeedback"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Pen\SysEventParameters]
"HoldMode"=dword:00000003

This will remove the click-and-hold thing that gives you initial input lag.
And it will also remove those rings you get when you click the pencil.
It will also remove the annoying mapping bug which locks the cursor up to the left corner.

Greets.

Thx to other members and Wacom services.
Hope that someone can enjoy this. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I turned off the optional tablet pc but I am very confused about the registry... i don't have no clue what to do... the cursor is still stuck at the top left hand corner of the screen.
AEOblivion

Postby Wacom » Tue 18. May 2010, 11:15

The registry entry should only turn off the ripple effects.

If the pointer remains in the top left corner: Use the tablet preference utility (in start menu) to remove the tablet settings, which resets and restarts the driver again. Make sure to connect the tablet directly to a USB port in the back of the machine, not through a hub or other USB extension. - If the problem remains, try to change the screen resolution temporarily to some other resolution and then back again.
Wacom

Postby franzus » Mon 1. Nov 2010, 17:07

by Wacom » Fri 12. Feb 2010, 08:52
Thanks for the feedback. (Actually users should not have to edit the registry for such things. Windows7 should have the same options as Vista in the 'Pen and Devices' control panel.)

I couldn't agree more that users should not have to edit the registry to make the Wacom Bamboo work properly.
Unfortunately you don't offer any other solution than the one by our diligent forum member.

I find this outrageous and very unprofessional.
three hours later...

okay. I've calmed down. Sorry.

I've downloaded the latest driver and the problem is solved.
franzus

Next

Return to Bamboo