Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Changing right to left hand problems!

Changing right to left hand problems!

Postby QualityNotQuantity » Thu 4. Mar 2010, 12:51

Hi, just setting up my new Intuos4 medium from right to left; the problem I have is; I click Wacom Tablet Properties / Options and change 'Right' to 'Left'...the Tablet still remains in Right-hand mode.
(I take it the led symbols / text should be inverted also to be the correct way up when switching hands?)

Am I missing something simple? at the top of the options box is states:
Note: These settings apply to all tablets, mice, pens and applications.

Also very disappointing that this expensive tablet does not come with a mouse. (UK Location)

Any help is appreciated.
QualityNotQuantity

Re: Changing right to left hand problems!

Postby QualityNotQuantity » Thu 4. Mar 2010, 14:17

I have just installed this on another PC, smooth installation, but left hand setting still not working; looks like a faulty tablet!

I wonder how many right hand people have not tried to alter to left just to see if it works.

Oh well back to the supplier!
QualityNotQuantity

Postby Kingmarzo » Thu 4. Mar 2010, 15:43

I have the exact same problem. I selected Left handed for the initial installation but it made no difference. Changing Left to Right in the options also doesnt seem to make any difference. Maybe we are doing something wrong?
Kingmarzo

Postby QualityNotQuantity » Thu 4. Mar 2010, 16:15

Kingmarzo wrote:I have the exact same problem. I selected Left handed for the initial installation but it made no difference. Changing Left to Right in the options also doesnt seem to make any difference. Maybe we are doing something wrong?

Hi Kingmarzo, I have told my UK supplier by telephone and by email.
I have also contacted wacom support to report my problem. (support@wacom.eu)
I suggest you contact them as well to help draw their attention to this fault.

Also I have contacted the Wacom Support team 3 times today in the UK. (0207 744 0831).

They proceeded to walk me thro' the removing all user preferences by opening up the TABLET PREFERENCE UTILITY. This cured nothing.

I was then asked to install the tablet on another PC; and told if the left hand mode did not work again it would mean there is a problem with the tablet. Again easy installation but no left hand mode.
A lot of money so far but for nothing!
QualityNotQuantity

Postby Mac_Lover » Thu 4. Mar 2010, 16:50

Hi,

I understood that you attempted to change the right/left hand orientation via the "Wacom Tablet Properties > Options" dialogue. I think the option listed therein (named "Mouse Handedness") only affects the way the mouse buttons are arranged.

Did you try to go to the "Mapping" tab and then switch to "ExpressKeys Right" in the drop down menu named "Orientation"? This option definitely flips the OLED displays, and your tablet should be fine for left-handed use.

I hope this will help.
Mac_Lover

Postby QualityNotQuantity » Thu 4. Mar 2010, 16:54

Mac_Lover wrote:Hi,

I understood that you attempted to change the right/left hand orientation via the "Wacom Tablet Properties > Options" dialogue. I think the option listed therein (named "Mouse Handedness") only affects the way the mouse buttons are arranged.

Did you try to go to the "Mapping" tab and then switch to "ExpressKeys Right" in the drop down menue named "Orientation"? This option definitely flips the OLED displays, and your tablet should be fine for left-handed use.

I hope this will help.

Mac_Lover I love you! Yes you are quite right, left mode now works thank you very much.
QualityNotQuantity

Postby Mac_Lover » Thu 4. Mar 2010, 17:48

Hi QualityNotQuantity,

no prob - I'm glad that I was able to help.
Mac_Lover

Postby rallanbynight » Sat 6. Mar 2010, 15:41

Hi,

"Did you try to go to the "Mapping" tab and then switch to "ExpressKeys Right" in the drop down menue named "Orientation"? This option definitely flips the OLED displays, and your tablet should be fine for left-handed use."

Hi just installed the driver for my intuso 4, and don't find the "mapping" tab, and I don't find any text that say ""ExpressKeys Right"

Maybe there is something I didn't understand, or I did something wrong, but if it's possible to have more precisions it would be great!!I want to use my tablet eheheh!!!

Thanks
rallanbynight

Postby QualityNotQuantity » Sun 7. Mar 2010, 13:56

rallanbynight wrote:Hi,

"Did you try to go to the "Mapping" tab and then switch to "ExpressKeys Right" in the drop down menue named "Orientation"? This option definitely flips the OLED displays, and your tablet should be fine for left-handed use."

Hi just installed the driver for my intuso 4, and don't find the "mapping" tab, and I don't find any text that say ""ExpressKeys Right"

Maybe there is something I didn't understand, or I did something wrong, but if it's possible to have more precisions it would be great!!I want to use my tablet eheheh!!!

Thanks

Just tap your pen on the tablet; this opens up the Mapping settings.
QualityNotQuantity

Postby Wacom » Wed 10. Mar 2010, 10:45

There is a selection for right-handed or left-handed mode during installation of the driver from CD, but you can change that also later in the tablet properties panel. There are three rows. The top shows your tablet, the second shows 'functions' plus your pen or other tablet input device as soon as you put it on the tablet. Make sure to select the pen, then the third row shows applications and underneath you have a panel for mapping / projection. In this panel you have the orientation option at the top right, where you say can say ExpresskeysRight or ExpresskeysLeft.
Wacom

Next

Return to Intuos / Intuos Pro