Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

OSX USB tablet was not found after restart

OSX USB tablet was not found after restart

Postby basernst » Wed 12. May 2010, 23:37

I own the Bamboo Fun Tablet CTH-461 and installed drivers as per instructions onto my iMac with OSX 10.5.8. I own the tablet for some months now. It worked fine untill a couple of weeks. This following message is given every time the computer is switched on: "A USB tablet was not found when the system started. Please shut down your computer, check your connections and restart. If the tablet is still not found, reinstall the tablet driver software." Following those instructions results only in receiving the same message next time I reboot.
Tried numerous suggestions from various web searches including updating the driver (5.21.3.1), trying older drivers, cleaning out preferences, etc etc. The tablet is connected via normal USB, no hub. As long as I don't switch off the Mac or just use sleep mode the thing works fine.
Doe someone have a solution please?
Thanks a lot.
basernst

Re: OSX USB tablet was not found after restart

Postby Wacom » Fri 14. May 2010, 11:27

The tablet works when you install the driver again, when you remove the tablet preferences or when you restore a backup of the tablet preferences ? And when it works you tried to open the tablet properties, closed the panel and then re-opened it a second time before restart ?
Wacom

Postby basernst » Fri 14. May 2010, 11:45

Hi,
thanks for the reply.
- the tablet works fine when I install the driver again, but does not work after restart.
- I didn't yet try to restore settings. I will try this. But I don't think it will fix the problem.
- I tried to open the tablet properties, closed the panel and then re-opened it a second time before restart; that didn't fix the problem.

Do you have anay other suggestions?

Thanks
basernst

Postby Wacom » Fri 14. May 2010, 12:03

Such a problem may be the result of a connection through a hub or other USB extension, or can be a timing issue because of some other program. - (F.e. we have one report where an external harddisk caused delays, when the tablet driver was trying to find a tablet.) If you place a backup of the tablet settings on the desktop, you can doubleclick on it to restore the settings and thus restart the driver.
Wacom

Postby basernst » Fri 14. May 2010, 12:41

Hi,
thanks for the reply.
- the tablet is not connected trhough a hub.
- there is no external harddrive connected.
- I can try to place a backup of the tablet settings on the desktop, but this is not a very charming solution.... I rather see it just work like it should.
- I can't do anything with the comment that "the problem is caused by another program".

some other idea's?
Thanks
basernst

Postby basernst » Sat 15. May 2010, 12:14

Hi
so far no solution works.
- I placed a backup of the tablet settings on the desktop after restart I restored the settings. Result: the tablet doesn't work!
The only thing that works is a complete new install of the tablet.

Does someone have other ideas what to do? I've tried everything.

Thanks
basernst

Postby Wacom » Tue 18. May 2010, 11:10

In this case uninstall the tablet driver and restart the system, then run the OSX utility 'repair permissions'. If you have software for a non-standard mouse or keybaord installed, or if you have mouse utilities like USBOverdrive, MouseCommand or similar uninstall that as well. Then install the tablet driver. Once this is done, open the tablet properties panel, close it, then open it once more. That should make sure the settings are saved correctly.
Wacom

Postby lukasz » Thu 3. Jun 2010, 21:48

Hi
I have the same problem on my mac. I did all this things above but it did not helped. Any ideas what should I do. I have a fresh system installation, no other programs, external drives disconected and so on... Please help I need to work!!!
lukasz

Postby Wacom » Fri 4. Jun 2010, 15:05

It works, when you install the tablet driver ? It works a mouse at least if no driver is installed ? And you have the tablet connected directly to a USB port on the Mac, not through a hub, keyboard or other extension ?
Wacom

Return to Bamboo

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu