Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

SOLVED!!! Intuos 3 (11x6) DOES NOT WORK AT WINDOWS STARTUP

SOLVED!!! Intuos 3 (11x6) DOES NOT WORK AT WINDOWS STARTUP

Postby Roldan » Fri 14. May 2010, 11:48

Hi,

I've been a loyal Wacom user for many years, and have been using my Intuos 3 for about 4 years without any real problem, until now:

It seems that everytime I startup the computer (or reboot) the tablet does not work, I have to install the drivers via the wacom setup file, then it works fine until the next reboot.

I've downloaded the latest driver update (WacomTablet_613-5a) but that has not helped either.

Here's my Windows Configuration:
Intel Core 2Quad CPU Q8300
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with 6Gigs RAM
Firewall: Norton 360 Premier Edition
Programs used: CorelDraw, Painter 11, Illustrator, Photoshop

PS: I was using this same tablet with an older computer on Windows XP without any problems.

Thank you very much!

Roldan

PS2: I forgot to mention that I believe (but I am not really sure) this problem started after I installed Norton 360 Premier Edition a couple of months ago, but it wasn't that bad, the tablet wouldn't work perhaps once a week, but now it does it everytime I restart) hopefully it won't be the root of the problem, because Norton is really doing a great job otherwise, but then again, I cannot live withou my Intuos!

PS3! Also, with some applications (Illustrator, Photoshop, Coreldraw, etc) sometimes I cannot access the fly-out menus on toolbars by pressing down on the little arrowheads, but I've discovered that -if I press down and drag to the side, the fly-out menus show up. Is this normal?

Thank you very much again!
Last edited by Roldan on Fri 14. May 2010, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
Roldan

Re: Intuos 3 (11x6) DOES NOT WORK AT WINDOWS STARTUP

Postby Wacom » Fri 14. May 2010, 15:00

Once the driver is installed and works, go to Start menu -> Wacom tablet and use the tablet preference utility to make a backup of the tablet settings. Place the file on the desktop. Then next time it deos not start properly, doubleclick on this file and allow it to restore the settings. This also restarts the driver - only at a later time. If that works ok, go to Windows services, search the TabletServiceWacom ans set the start type to 'automatic delayed'.
Wacom

Re: Intuos 3 (11x6) DOES NOT WORK AT WINDOWS STARTUP

Postby Roldan » Fri 14. May 2010, 16:05

I am sorry I did not search deeper before posting this problem, I found the solution to my problem here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3565

and particularly in this section of the post:

=="As a user with administrative privileges, run the Services management tool. (Type services.msc into the Run box, or the Search box, and hit Enter.)
From the right-hand pane, open TabletServiceWacom. (Double-click it, or right-click and select Properties.)
Go to the second tab, Log On.
Leave the default setting, which is Log on as Local System account. Immediately underneath it, enable the option Allow service to interact with desktop.
Hit [Apply and] OK.
Quit the Services management tool.
Restart.[/b]"==

I did what it suggests and now my Wacom is back to life every time I restart Windows Vista!
Roldan

Return to Intuos / Intuos Pro

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu