Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Pen not working after Mac OSX update June 2019:
http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4011

Why is the cursor on Windows a white dot or crosshairs?
http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4013#p8912

Wacom Drivers:
Latest driver released for Windows (6.3.35-3) and Mac (6.3.35-2). Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you wondering which software to choose, check the trial versions below:

MSP 16 battery swelling and followed issues

Cintiq Companion, Cintiq Companion Hybrid, Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro
ARCAOBOS

MSP 16 battery swelling and followed issues

Postby ARCAOBOS » Thu 6. Jun 2019, 15:56

My MSP is still in warranty period. Battery swelling causes lifting of screen followed by various other issues. I did charge the device always as suggested for mobile devices. Kept the device in top condition, free of scratches, marks, dust etc. Called the support. I should sent it in for repair or replacement. Documented precisely what the issues are. After a few days got answer of the support, I should first contact microsoft to make sure I can keep my windows 10 license for the future (never heard of that before but I did, MS answer: no use of calling MS, it is always matter of OEM or customer to care about the own license). Second surprise: since my warranty period is exhausted wacom will repair it out of kindness. what was that? After clarifying that my warranty period is still running, the RMA came in and I sent it to wacom. A few days later, without announcing it, UPS delivers a package. Again surprised. Even more after opening the box. exchange unit is: ELECTRONIC SCRAP! scratches all over, even on the screen, the cameras, the body. Dust, hair (human?), exctreta in every litte seam, card slot full of it (not good, not hygienic). Screen also lifted, on another edge. Old accessories with kinky cables, unusable- product box ready for waste! etc. Naughty smell all over whole unit. I am not overdrawing! Complained about it! Next I was advised to document it, (again). I did, under time pressure. Not easy to document a exchange unit in that condition. During contorting to get proper photos of all relevant issues - parts of my own camera equipment slipped of my hands and broke. For caring about the exchange unit electronic trash they sent me, now my expensive equipment is smashed too. Why are they victimizing me? Now they say they will look at my case with priority. Of course this will never replace any damage of my other equipment, even if directly caused by their needless action sending me a unacceptable replacement unit. Maybe I should be thankful if they find a way to replace the initially rejected unit. Why didn’t they start a product recall of the affected charge? Available firmware updates I always installed prompt. So maybe it could be also a material defect of the battery instead? So what is this all about? Did I ever harm anyone of you? dear WACOM team? I am a trusty customer of wacom products for years and now that I need to send my device during warranty period for repair, everything seems to go wrong!

wacom5

Re: MSP 16 battery swelling and followed issues

Postby wacom5 » Fri 7. Jun 2019, 08:47

Hello.

Very sorry to read about the less positive experience. I will forward your feedback to the team. I'm sure that they can assist you.

ARCAOBOS

Postby ARCAOBOS » Fri 7. Jun 2019, 10:25

The conversation with the supportteam of the hotline were always kept in a friendly manner and they also seemed to capture up the subject matter. Although assuring to find a solution I cannot imagine a happy ending at this point. About the naughty smell (some kind of gun-oil or WD40) as mentioned before I have been assured that it is expectedly too, due the fact that the replacement was in the repair section before. Now facts start to fit together. Due to the greasy surface of the replacement unit after the attempt to bring the device in glance, either from wacom staff or the previous owner, the almost invisible oilfilm made it slippery. After owning a MSP I know very well how to hold it up in one hand. Not so when it’s slippery due to a previous treatment with substances divert from their intended use. Besides this smell got stuck in my airways for over a day now it did cause first of all the situation that while lifting the replacement unit up with one hand to make proper fotos as demanded with the other device held in the other hand the oiled replacement device sent from wacom started to slide slowly out of my hand. Instinctively I reacted with trying to catch it up with the other hand to prevent the device that wouldn’t be my own from falling down. Unfortunately therefore I released unlucky the photo-making device I held in that other hand, causing a hard landing to it. I expect wacom to show their reliability by solving the initial opened case proper and to vouch for that generated mischief by that ridiculous attempt to give glossy appearance to a piece of electronic scrap which ended up with a further desaster to me.

ARCAOBOS

Postby ARCAOBOS » Fri 14. Jun 2019, 08:14

GOOD NEWS! Fortunately Wacom decided to revaluate the special case deploying a own mediator, and thus a clear, straight solution has been worked out.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Fri 14. Jun 2019, 12:23

We are very glad to read this. Happy to know that a solution was found.

Return to “Pen Computers”