Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Pen and Touch doesn't work after reboot

Pen and Touch doesn't work after reboot

Postby alex.shevchenko » Thu 5. Aug 2010, 19:49

I've just bought a Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch. After installing the device everything works like a charm. However after rebooting my PC, the touch stops working (I can't move the cursor, but the gestures like zoom or scroll seem to work).To make it work properly, I have to uninstall the driver and install it again, but if I restart again the same problem will happen.

I know there was a recent post about the same problem on this problem , but none of the solutions helped in my case. I tried removing the settings and installing driver with the device disconnected.

I'm on the most recent driver 5.2.3-4 and Windows 7 (64-bit) with SSD drive.

Please help me. I like the device, but clearly if this issue persists, I'm returning it.
alex.shevchenko

Re: Pen and Touch doesn't work after reboot

Postby Wacom » Fri 6. Aug 2010, 11:41

Can you access the file pen_tablet.dat under \Users\username\AppData\Roaming\WTablet ? It could be a problem with the access permissions or the file might be corrupted. Otherwise the driver should be able to start at least when removing the tablet preferences (with the utility in Start menu).

If the file is accessible and looks ok; Uninstall the driver, unplug the tablet, restart, search for all remaining files with the name tablet.dat and remove them. Open device manager and remove any perhaps remaining Wacom devices and solve all reported problems. Then attach the tablet. Test it in mouse mode, restart Windows and test that it still works. Then install the driver.
Wacom

Postby alex.shevchenko » Fri 6. Aug 2010, 15:55

Thank you. Unfortunately, it didn't help. Pen_tablet.dat is fully accessible - i can open and view the file. After uninstalling the driver, tablet works in mouse mode after reboot. Installing the driver causes the same problem - tablet works until the first reboot. Another "symptom" I forgot to describe is that after rebooting, if I touch the tablet (it is still unresponsive to touch), my main mouse acts weird - left click registers as right click or doesn't work at all. If I don't touch the tablet, mouse works OK.
alex.shevchenko

Postby alex.shevchenko » Mon 9. Aug 2010, 16:49

I'm returning the device.
alex.shevchenko

Postby Wacom » Tue 10. Aug 2010, 08:22

I noticed that you are working on a system with SSD. According to our Engineering, driver version 5.23-4 includes optimizations for SSD systems. Could you give me some more information about the system configuration and if possible, any tablet-related log files created by the Windows Event Viewer, so we can follow up (if you have not already returned the tablet)?
Wacom

Return to Bamboo