Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Adobe CS5 do not recognize the pressure of my Graphire

Adobe CS5 do not recognize the pressure of my Graphire

Postby bruce400 » Mon 9. Aug 2010, 16:58

Good, long time I have a Graphire ET-0405-U, but I recently bought a new computer with Windows 7 64 bits. I installed the newest drivers I found for my Graphire (6.05-7) and although the diagnostic screen appears as I installed a 4x5 Graphire, all pressure tests and driver settings work well.

But when I work with Photoshop CS5, Illustrator, After Effects, etc ... The pencil works, but does not recognize the pressure. What is the problem? Is there any incompatibility?

I have been consulted the forum and have not found any solution, but I have seen that their responses are very professional, so I hope they give me a solution.

Sincerely, David
bruce400

Re: Adobe CS5 do not recognize the pressure of my Graphire

Postby Wacom » Mon 9. Aug 2010, 17:05

The latest driver for Windows 7 is version 6.15-3. We recommend to clean-install that version and try again.
Wacom

Postby bruce400 » Tue 10. Aug 2010, 11:21

Many thanks, I updated the drivers to the version that you recommend me i everything works fine.
It's nice to have support for Wacom.

David ;)
bruce400

Postby whitecue » Mon 6. Sep 2010, 10:06

Hello, I have the same problem with 6.05-7 and my Graphire ET-0507A-U, except I'm using Windows XP x64 SP2, and 6.05-7 is the recommended driver from wacom. When I select "Pen Pressure" in the drop down menu in the "Opacity Jitter" or "Flow Jitter" section in the Brush Panel in Photoshop CS5, a small triangle with a "!" will appear next to it, and I get no pressure sensitivity.

I have no problem with 4.93-3 in CS5, but with that version my Alias Automotive 2011 will go crazy from time to time. So I'm stuck between these two versions.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Q
whitecue

Postby whitecue » Tue 7. Sep 2010, 04:31

Hi, I have found another problem with 6.05-7 & Photoshop CS5.

When I'm drawing with the brush tool, after a while the lines will become a bunch of straight lines or extremely simplified curves, as if I'm holding the shift key while clicking on the canvas randomly, except I'm not doing that.

After restarting Photoshop CS5 everything's back to normal.

Anybody experienced this before? This has never occurred with 4.93-3.
whitecue

Postby whitecue » Wed 8. Sep 2010, 08:20

I'm sorry, but am I supposed to start a new post about my problem? Thx.
whitecue

Postby Wacom » Wed 8. Sep 2010, 10:36

It is better to start a new thread for a new case, but anyway ... A small triangle with ! indicates that the program does not detect a device supplying pressure. In that case make sure that the tablet driver runs (you can open the tablet properties panel), restart CS5 while pressing Ctrl-Alt-Shift in order to reset PS preferences. The phenomen of suddenly straight lines looks like some memory leak problem. This might be caused by some of the plugins, for an older version of PS at least the preference setting 'precise cursor' within PS was reported to affect data in memory after some time.
Wacom

Postby deimos » Thu 4. Nov 2010, 13:30

I have this problem to.
Bamboo Fun A5 Wide
It seem like while I`m drawing in photoshop CS5 (and CS4) after few minutes pen can draw only straight lines, like key SHIFT pressing down.
Sorry for my bad English, I`m from Ukraine :)

This is not an isolated case. I can give you links to the Russian-language sites that have faced the same problem.
One solution - to delete the settings file tablet.
But I have this happening constantly, about every 4-5 minutes.
Can you help me?

Driver latest, downloaded yesterday. With previous was the same :(
I have Windows XP SP2 and Win XP SP3

links:
http://demiart.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=148322
http://otvety.google.ru/otvety/thread?t ... cb67817974
etc
deimos

Return to Bamboo