Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Bamboo pen & touch doesn't work...?

Bamboo pen & touch doesn't work...?

Postby Grey » Mon 23. Aug 2010, 19:41

I bought my Bamboo Pen & Touch tablet about two weeks ago. For the first few times I used it, it was perfectly fine. Now, the pen won't work, and when a touch it, it works like a mouse pad, as if I touch the right hand corner, for example, the cursor doesn't move, like a mouse pad.

I've tried trying it with the disk in, unplugging it and repluggling it in...etc.

HELP! I have art requests to complete!

Thanks for your time,

~ Léa
Grey

Re: Bamboo pen & touch doesn't work...?

Postby Kucan » Mon 23. Aug 2010, 22:45

Yeah, I'm having the same issue as well, I'v tried installing new drivers but that didn't resolve anything.

I was using it about a week ago and it worked perfectly fine then too.
Kucan

Postby vinnyb » Mon 23. Aug 2010, 23:25

I have had my Bamboo Pen & Touch for 7-8 months and all been working OK on Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

As of today I have had the same problem. It suddenly stopped working. I usually click Pen Tablet Preference File Utility and Remove All Users button and this usually solves the issue but today NOTHING.!

I downloaded the latest driver 5.23.4c but this does not work. I have then reinstalled version 5.21.6 (the one I have always been using) The touch function seems to work and the top button that toggles Touch On/Off works but no longer displays it setting. It turns the touch function on or off but there is no visual display anymore.

The pen does not work at all. When I hover the mouse over the tablet it turns the LED from white to orange but fails to move the mouse.

I have uninstalled the driver/program from Control Panel > Programs & Features and rebooted etc but it still not working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled using both drivers but neither seem to work anymore. This has been done about 10 times now.

It used to work on my Windows XP laptop so I will try the tablet on there tomorrow evening and report back to see if I have a hardware failure.
vinnyb

Postby vinnyb » Mon 23. Aug 2010, 23:27

PS: I forgot to mention that I cant access the Pen Tablet Properties. I click it but nothing happens
vinnyb

Postby Kucan » Mon 23. Aug 2010, 23:37

Hmmm, I have an idea, has there been any updates on Windows 7 lately?

EDIT: I've tried System Restore but no joy there sadly.
Kucan

Postby Wacom » Wed 25. Aug 2010, 13:14

All, can you please try to install the driver in diagnostics startup mode:

Can you please try the following:

- Detach the tablet, remove the currently installed driver and restart.
- Click on Start > Run > type "msconfig"
- System configuration Utility will be opened. Select the "Diagnostic startup"
- Click Apply.
- Restart the computer.
- After restarting the computer, install the previously downloaded tablet driver.
- The driver should install without any problems.
- After the install again click on Start > Run > type "msconfig"
- Select the "Normal Start up" mode
- System prompts you to restart the computer.
- Restart the computer.
- After restarting plug in the tablet directly to the computer USB port.
- Check that the flash light on the tablet changes to red when the pen is detected.
- Check that pen moves the cursor.
- Final check click on Start > All programs > Pen tablet > Pen tablet properties
- Pen tablet properties should open normally without giving any error message.
Wacom

Postby vinnyb » Wed 25. Aug 2010, 20:00

I followed the instructions above but it still does not work. I removed the drivers using PROGRAMS & FEATURES and uninstalling. I hope that is correct?
I tried it using both the latest driver 5.23.4c and the older 5.21.6. The tablet LED comes on and changes to RED/ORANGE when the pen is near but the pen does not move the mouse.

One thing to note is when I am at the MSCONFIG page and choose DIAGNOSTIC START UP then Apply the button/radial/tick automatically moves from DIAGNOSTIC START UP to SELECTIVE START UP and the LOAD SYSTEM SERVICES ticked.

I have proved my tablet works fine with Touch & Pen by connecting to my Windows XP laptop. All works perfectly on the XP machine and I can access the Tablet Properties. On my Windows 7 Professional 64bit machine I cannot access the Tablet Properties. When I click on it nothing happens. I can access the Pen Tablet Preference File Utility.
vinnyb

Postby Kega » Wed 25. Aug 2010, 21:31

Just what to say I have the same problem. Worked fine a week ago, now nothing - but only when I use the pen.

I have a Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch, Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (didn't have money for professional :) ) and Windows is fully updated.
I was using the old drivers from around the January, when I got the tablet, I first updated to the new 5.23.4c today when I found out about the problem. I can't access the Bamboo preferences either, getting an error about a problem with the tablet drivers - which is a first.

Hope a solution is found - really like the little thing ;)
Kega

Postby ChristianJ » Thu 26. Aug 2010, 07:54

Hello all.

Same problem here.
Followed the instructions posted by Wacom, noticed like vinnyb wrote that MSCONFIG changed to SELECTIVE STARTUP.

Bamboo worked fine again! YES!
But this morning I cold booted pc (not from sleep mode, it had been turned off during the night) and it went back to not working...

I have only Windows 7 machines available, so I haven't tested on a different system.

Any ideas, Wacom?
ChristianJ

Postby Grey » Thu 26. Aug 2010, 09:19

Thanks for all the replies! And Wacom: I installed what you suggested, with still no avail.

I'm on Windows Vista, by the way.
Grey

Next

Return to Bamboo

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu