New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Cintiq 21ux shutting itself off when USB is plugged in

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
Sniffgriff

Cintiq 21ux shutting itself off when USB is plugged in

Postby Sniffgriff » Tue 16. May 2017, 22:52

Hi everyone. Im running Windows 10 64 bit. Im having some trouble with my Cintiq 21ux (DTK-2100)

If I take my USB cable from the cintiq and plug it into my computer, the Cintiq will shut itself off after a couple minutes. What do you think could be the problem?

I thought it was the power cable, or the power adapter, so I brought it to a PC shop to take a look, and they couldnt find problems. Ive plugged the USB into different USB slots on the computer. When the USB is not plugged in, the cintiq stays on indefinitely. When I plug the USB into a USB slot that is not in my computer (wall charger), the cintiq also stays on indefinitely. However, once I plug the USB cable into the computer so I can use the pen, thats when the problem happens, and the cintiq will shut itself off.

Do you think its a power problem? I've had this monitor working fine for maybe over 5 years. Im using the latest driver for the Cintiq21ux.

wacom1

Re: Cintiq 21ux shutting itself off when USB is plugged in

Postby wacom1 » Wed 17. May 2017, 07:37

I am not sure, what you mean with 'shutting itself off'. The display getting dark ? The Power LED turns off ? You see a 'no input signal' message ? The Cintiq21 combines a display monitor plus a pen tablet sensor. USB connection is only for the pen data, you need also a connection for the display signal (DVI/VGA). - If the LED turns off, that could be a problem with the power supply.

Sniffgriff

Postby Sniffgriff » Wed 17. May 2017, 13:54

hello!

When it shuts off I mean the power LED turns off, no orange or blue, nor is there a "no input signal" message, because its been shut off.

I also need to make a correction, the USB has nothing to do with the shutting off. I can leave the USB unplugged and the Cintiq will shut off. I can also leave the DVI unplugged from the computer, with just the monitor plugged into power, and it will eventually shut off.

The power adapter/supply, the light is still green. Doesnt that mean the power is flowing correctly?

Sniffgriff

Postby Sniffgriff » Fri 19. May 2017, 22:30

I bought a new power adapter, and the monitor is still shutting off (no LED lights). It will stay shut off for about 10 minutes, and then turn back on. I have no idea other than maybe something internal in the monitor is forcing it to shut off. Overheating? Im running out of ideas.

kentlovik

Postby kentlovik » Wed 11. Oct 2017, 17:51

Any developments here? I have the exact same model and issue..

It's been working fine for about 5 years, but lately it just powers off, and then back on by itself (if I'm lucky..) All lights go dark instantly except the one on the adapter.

The strange part is that it started acting up like this for about 5 days ago, where it went off and back on by itself for hours. Next day I couldn't get it on at all. Then it works just fine and does so for 3 days straight, until it randomly starts shutting down again today..

Help?
Also I'm not at all used to forums, so please excuse me if I'm out of bounds..

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Thu 12. Oct 2017, 06:29

Check the display and power cable connections. Sometimes a cable has bad contact. Check the DVI/VGA switch. If the problem continues contact Wacom support for repair options.

worldclock2017

Postby worldclock2017 » Mon 16. Oct 2017, 03:37

Same problem here. One night I came downstairs to my computer and the Cintiq21UX was turned on. Did it by itself. Then a few months later, it just started turning on and off at random, with no pattern at all. A few more months went by and it won't stay on at all now - it just turns itself off whenever I try to turn it on. Phoned Wacom, and they say they don't service these units anymore.

2500 dollars for a Cintiq that lasted less than 5 years, and they won't fix it.

Return to “Pen Displays”