Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Bamboo touch: "Left handed", but not when system starts ...

Bamboo touch: "Left handed", but not when system starts ...

Postby RichardvA » Tue 19. Jul 2011, 19:36

(Windows Vista, 32 bit)
I have a Bamboo Touch, and have a totally stupid issue:

Because I want to have wire and the buttons on the right side, I choose setting: "left handed", and I turn the pad 180*.

But now I restart the computer, or log out of my account.
The Touch reverts BACK to RIGHT HANDED, and then of course the movements are exactly opposite. I must turn the Touch 180* back just to click the login button, and then back again.

This is silly of course. Just try it, and see the horror.
Is every left handed user supposed to turn the Touch just to click a button to login or what?

A normal mouse does not do this: if you select right/left handed, only the buttons get swapped. NOT the movement direction!

I can not imagine I am the only person with this issue. It should be a "system" option for the orientation of the pad, so it can be used 180* rotated...

Please comment, why is this a user setting and can you please make something to set the orientation system wide?

Richard
RichardvA

Re: Bamboo touch: "Left handed", but not when system starts ...

Postby Wacom » Wed 20. Jul 2011, 10:28

The tablet orientation setting is an option and the driver and only effective when the driver is running. If the driver is not running, the tablet acts as a regular touchpad for single finger touch only. Unfortunately a touchpad cannot change its orientation, it does not know wether the buttons are at your right or left. Typically trackpads have a fixed orientation. - Once the tablet driver is running, it should control the orientation. It may take a moment til the driver is active. If it is active already and still the orientation wrong, something is wrong with the driver. Which version of driver do you use ?
Wacom

Postby RichardvA » Wed 20. Jul 2011, 15:51

I have used the drivers from the CD and after that the latest version from the website here.

But that doesnt matter... the problem is that the settings for left / right handed are NOT a system setting, but a user setting.

If you use "left handed" setting, the movement is wrong when you logout.
That is the problem.

Richard
RichardvA

Postby Wacom » Thu 21. Jul 2011, 09:43

If the driver is active at this stage, the orientation should be ok. If the driver is not active (thus no reaction to the pen), this is the behaviour to be expected because of hardware limitations. If the driver is active, but not working correct, try to uninstall the driver, unplug the tablet and restart, remove remaining Wacom entries in device manager, then plug in the tablet and install the latest driver again.
Wacom

Postby RichardvA » Thu 21. Jul 2011, 12:18

How can I tell if the "driver is active"?
The problem is in the login screen of Windows, and there is no way to get that information.

After the login yes, the Touch is working Left-Handed.
Before login, No, the Touch is as it was before I installed anything. And I must rotate it to get the right movement.

How can I tell if "the driver is active"?

Richard
RichardvA

Postby RichardvA » Thu 21. Jul 2011, 12:19

oh:

this should be easy to replicate for you, so why not just try it?
Install Touch, choose "left handed", close the Touch window, and then logout.

Richard
RichardvA

Postby Wacom » Thu 21. Jul 2011, 16:36

Sorry, this seems to be a bug in the driver ...
Wacom

Return to Bamboo

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu