Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Trying to set the button on the pen to "right click"

Trying to set the button on the pen to "right click"

Postby tslawrence » Fri 12. Aug 2011, 15:31

Hi everyone, I have an intuos 3 and I brought it up to my job recently. I prefer to have the lower button on the pen set to "right click", however, it does not work on this machine. I haven't had a problem with this in the past so I am puzzled. I recently bought an intuos 4 and I have the lower button on the pen set to "right click" and it doesn't work either. Instead of functioning as a "right click" it functions as a "left click". I saw another post on this issue but I still couldn't figure out how to fix the problem.

The lower and upper buttons on the pen can be set to do other things like "double click" and things work fine. So, I'm pretty convinced that the conflict is something specifically to do with "right click".

My OS is Windows 7.
tslawrence

Solution

Postby tslawrence » Fri 12. Aug 2011, 17:21

This has puzzled me for quite some time and I finally found the solution. For me it was making sure the Windows 7 button "Use the pen button as a right-click equivalent" under "Pen and Touch" was checked. More info below:

The Solution

Searching around a bit, and what worked for me was a combination of things.

First I tried to go to the Control Panel and click on my Pen and Touch settings. Disable both the Press and hold action and theStart Tablet PC Input Panel
Next, in the same window under the Flicks tab, uncheck the Use flicks to perform common actions quickly and easily . Press OK to save and close.
Next go to the Programs and Features option in the Control Panel . Select theTurn Windows feature on or off option on the left of the window. A new window will open with all the Windows features.
Scroll down to Tablet PC Components and uncheck the option. Apply the changes. Windows will do some ____ and then ask you to restart for the changes to take effect. Restart and you're done.
tslawrence

Return to Intuos / Intuos Pro