Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Bamboo Dock Installation Failure

Bamboo Dock Installation Failure

Postby Storm » Wed 28. Sep 2011, 22:33

I have tried installing the Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch Small software today for the 1st time and whilst the drivers have installed I cannot install the Bamboo Dock. It continuously stalls at 'Adobe Air' installation and then comes up as 'Adobe Air: Installation Failed'. I have uninstalled the drivers and started again but I keep recieving the same error message. My OS is XP. (The laptop is only just over a yr old and was purchased with Vista but downgraded by my employers IT providor. ) Any suggestions?
Storm

Re: Bamboo Dock Installation Failure

Postby Wacom » Thu 29. Sep 2011, 10:42

There was just a new version of BambooDock released. I suggest to try downloading it again today. - BambooDock is based on Adobe Air, so it needs to install the AIR runtime and that needs an internet connection. Occasionally Adobes server is no resonding, but usually it helps to try again at a later time.
Wacom

Postby Storm » Thu 29. Sep 2011, 13:27

I have been trying to install from the disc that came with the product and had full internet connection at the time but I will give the one more try in case it was just the Adobe Server failing. If that doesn't work I will try via the download however I can find the driver downloads on the website but not the Dock software. Where will I find this? Also, I am temporarily installing this onto my work laptop until I replace my own one then I will look to un-install from the one laptop and re-install on the new. If I register the product now so that I can access the Photoshop download, will I be able to re-register in the future? I had thought of installing the software direct to my external passport drive but was advised by the store I purchased from that this would slow the reaction time down as the information would have to travel through the laptop to the external drive and back through the laptop. Many thanks for your help.
Storm

Postby pscott » Thu 29. Sep 2011, 21:45

I've also had this problem where the Bamboo Dock software won't install, with the error:-

Adobe AIR Installer:Installation failed

I am trying to install version 3.3 that came on the CD. I can't find anywhere to download a later version. I've tried at all times of the day and it's the same every time.
This post (last year) was also on the same topic and no answer there.
http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5533#p24061
Re: other query above - I think you can download the software again - see Wacom reply here: http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7490&p=31499&hilit=download#p31505
pscott

Postby Storm » Thu 29. Sep 2011, 22:02

psscott: Thanks for the info. I am a little disappointed that after finally going ahead and buying this yesterday that I can only currently use it as a very expensive mouse! I have been trying to download from a version 5.2.4 CD and have tried several times again today with the same results, I would say maybe Adobe are having a major server crisis but I manage to update my acrobat reader last night without a problem. I still can't locate the link for the online software on the website either.
Storm

Postby pscott » Fri 30. Sep 2011, 05:52

Storm wrote: I would say maybe Adobe are having a major server crisis but I manage to update my acrobat reader last night without a problem. I still can't locate the link for the online software on the website either.

I've had the tablet a few weeks but only getting around to installing everything now. I can install the latest Adobe Air standalone installation but it doesn't resolve the issue. I read that the Bamboo Dock installer checks for updates anyway. My guess: Adobe have changed the update URL.

I also read somewhere that Wacom very recently released a New version of the Bamboo Dock software ??? (Maybe newer than v 3.3 on the disc) so I'd really like to download it if someone can reply with a link (please?) P.
pscott

Postby Wacom » Fri 30. Sep 2011, 08:17

You do not need BambooDock to use the tablet. All you need is the driver from CD or download driver version 5.25 from our US website. BambooDock is a free software package. You can get the latest version directly from here: http://bamboodock.wacom.com/#EN
Wacom

Postby pscott » Fri 30. Sep 2011, 08:35

Thanks for the super speedy reply. Will give that a go tonight, cheers Wacom.
pscott

Postby Storm » Fri 30. Sep 2011, 12:18

Yay, it has worked! Thanks Wacom!

pscott: I did install Air as a stand alone last night but alas it did not solve the problem, however all sorted now so all that is left is to register so I can download photoshop and get drawing and that is my weekend sorted, no heatwave will be dragging me away from the computer this weekend! Good luck with the download!
Storm

Postby Loreyruru » Sat 1. Oct 2011, 13:49

pscott wrote:I've also had this problem where the Bamboo Dock software won't install, with the error:-

Adobe AIR Installer:Installation failed

I am trying to install version 3.3 that came on the CD. I can't find anywhere to download a later version. I've tried at all times of the day and it's the same every time.
This post (last year) was also on the same topic and no answer there.
http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5533#p24061
Re: other query above - I think you can download the software again - see Wacom reply here: http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7490&p=31499&hilit=download#p31505

I have the same problem :X help me pls
Loreyruru

Next

Return to Bamboo Dock/Link/Space