Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

FT-0405-U0B sensitivity problems

FT-0405-U0B sensitivity problems

Postby L33tsp33ker » Sun 18. Dec 2011, 15:09

So, I have this tablet, the FT-0405-U0B that apparently counts as a volito, that I've been trying to use.

I downloaded the 5.25 5A driver (the latest one) to get the preferences settings, but for some reason, the tablet cannot detect sensitivity. Be it on photoshop, paint tool SAI, I cannot get the program to detect sensitivity, resulting in solid, thick and unsightly lines.

What should I do at this point?
L33tsp33ker

Re: FT-0405-U0B sensitivity problems

Postby Wacom » Mon 19. Dec 2011, 12:27

Can you open the tablet properties panel ? If so, Ctrl-Click on the About/Info button and check the pen pressure in the diagnostics panel. If that is ok, it should work also in various programs supporting pressure sensitivity, but may require some settings within the application (like 'shape dynamics' in Photoshop).
Wacom

Postby L33tsp33ker » Tue 20. Dec 2011, 11:33

I can open the preferences app and ctrl+click the "About" button, but in the diagnostics menu, the only editable option is the pressure offset setting which did not change anything, or at least, not that I know what it does actually.

What should I do? Is this tablet incapable of detecting pressure?
L33tsp33ker

Postby Wacom » Tue 20. Dec 2011, 12:01

You cannot edit anything else in the diagnostics panel, but you should see the data from the tablet: Tablet model, firmware version, it should show if any button is pressed and if you bring the pen into tablet proximity, diagnostics should show the xy-coordinates of the pen as well as the applied pressure. Pressure should be zero or close to zero with the pen hovering over the tablet and should go up to 511 when you apply pressure. - If there is no reaction or if it always shows high pressure, the pen is defect. If the pressure reaction is ok, we can exclude a hardware problem.

Then you can try different programs (free Artrage Starter edition, BambooDock Doodler etc) and adjust the settings in the software.
Wacom

Return to Others

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu