Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Bamboo Pen CTL470 not working

Bamboo Pen CTL470 not working

Postby hoaxspider » Fri 23. Dec 2011, 21:01

I have just bought a Bamboo Pen CTL470 and I'm having trouble installing it. The device works on its own as it would if no drivers were installed. I have installed the software and then my problems begin. It will not let me change the pen tablet properties an error message comes up saying that I need to reinstall or update the driver. I tried to do this by updating the driver that's on this forum and the website but it does not solve the problem. I have restarted my machine many times. Also, when I try and load the Tutorial app I get message saying 'this application cannot run'.

What can I do to fix these issues. I have installed the software off the cd and downloaded it from the website and both have the same result. I am running the tablet straight into the machine and not though a hub.
hoaxspider

Re: Bamboo Pen CTL470 not working

Postby hoaxspider » Sat 24. Dec 2011, 13:41

After a read of this forum I have tried al the things that have been suggested before. I always use the Preferences utility and click remove and this never solves the problem.

After uninstalling the driver I have deleted the files tablet*.*, wacom*.* etc and this did not solve the problem.

I have gone in to administrator services and tried to start the TabletServicePen services but this wont work. I always get the error message 'windows could not start the service on local computer Error 193:0xc1'

I also get this message when I try and run the 'Wacom Consumer Touch Service' and when I try to run this service on delayed start I get the Error message 'Delayed Autostart could not be set. Error 87: The parameter is incorrect'

I'm using windows7 64bit by the way and I'm plugging the Bamboo straight into the PC I have no USB hub.

Edit: I have tried to install my tablet on to my parents PC which is XP and it runs perfectly so there is no hardware error with the tablet.
hoaxspider

Postby Wacom » Tue 27. Dec 2011, 13:08

I don't know for sure, what the problem is. Please try the following: Unplug the tablet and uninstall the driver, then restart Windows. Check in device manager for errors and resolve them. If there is a Wacom entry still, remove it. Then attach the tablet. If should be found as an HID mouse device without error. Otherwise try another USB port. If all is ok, log in as user with admin rights, temporarily deactivate Virus protection and install the driver. Test the tablet and activate virus protection again.

If that still fails: If you have non generic drivers installed for mouse/keyboard, this might interfere. Create a new admin user account and try the installation in that account.
Wacom

Postby hoaxspider » Tue 27. Dec 2011, 16:27

I have followed your advice and it is still not working.

The uninstall always removes everything from the device manager and when I attached the tablet it always comes up with a HID mouse device and there is no error.

I have set up another user account and tried to install and this has not worked. I have also reinstalled windows and this made no difference wither.

Any other ideas?
hoaxspider

Postby Wacom » Tue 27. Dec 2011, 18:06

The tablet works as mouse device if the driver is not installed ? You have checked BIOS settings related to USB (boot from USB stick should be disabled, USB legacy support may have to be enabled depending on the USB port you are using).
Wacom

Postby hoaxspider » Tue 27. Dec 2011, 20:04

If I plug in the tablet without installing the driver, windows installs its own driver and recognises the tablet as a HID- compliant Mouse.

I have unplugged the tablet, uninstalled the driver, restarted. Then I have installed the driver and then plugged the tablet in and still get the same problem.

I have disabled USB in the BIOS and the problem still exists.
hoaxspider

Postby Wacom » Wed 28. Dec 2011, 11:14

Mmmh... is there something unusual on that machine ? Like no drive C: or an empty folder C:/Programs ? That could confuse the driver.
Wacom

Postby hoaxspider » Wed 28. Dec 2011, 15:00

That is exactly it. I have a C: drive but for some reasons Windows 7 has produce a file called c:programs which is causing all the problems. Thanks to another active thread I decided to delete this file and then started the services and everything worked. My virus checker also started to work for the first time so its not just Wacom products being affected by this. Looking at the replies in the other thread it doesn't seem to be a minor issue. Lots of people have it.

Thank you
hoaxspider

Postby Wacom » Wed 28. Dec 2011, 17:21

So far we haven't seen that often, but thanks for your feedback. Good to know it is working now.
Wacom

Postby a2fultz » Fri 30. Dec 2011, 17:17

Hello, I am having the exact same problem, could you explain what you did to fix it please? thank you
a2fultz

Next

Return to Bamboo