Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

The Pen right click ITSELF

The Pen right click ITSELF

Postby Monkey-Toons » Thu 5. Jan 2012, 18:58

My Cintiq 24HD pen right click itself!!!

We have try to uninstall the drivers and install the lastest version but it still not working!

What should I do?

Thanks!
Monkey-Toons

Re: The Pen right click ITSELF

Postby Wacom » Fri 6. Jan 2012, 11:48

Under Windows go to Start menu -> Programs -> Wacom tablet and use the preference utility to remove the settings and restart the driver. If you are on a Mac and evry click with the pentip results in a rightclick, I would guess, that Ctrl is permanently pressed. This could come from keyboard or from one of the tablet Expresskeys. For testing disable the Expresskey to verify this. You can also check in the driver diagnostics, if some button is stuck and permanently pressed.
Wacom

Postby Monkey-Toons » Mon 9. Jan 2012, 09:23

We are on a Mac.

The problem is that the right click error, does not happen everytime you click. It happens almost once per minute.
It works normally but once per minute it's like you click on the screen and then right click.

The "disabling the Expresskey" test does not work either.

It's quite annoying because it do not let you work.
Monkey-Toons

Postby Wacom » Mon 9. Jan 2012, 13:29

Such a problem may be in the hardware (Expresskey or pen side button faulty). You should be able to see this in the driver diagnostics. It might also come from software. There is a similar preference utility on the Mac (under Goto-> Applications -> Wacom tablet), that allows to reset the driver. It is also possible that it happens within specific applications after a while. Sometime a memory in programs or certain settings (like f.e. OpenGL support) overwrites tablet parameters.
Wacom

Postby GarethAxford » Tue 14. Feb 2012, 18:11

I am also having this problem, it seems to happen mainly in Photoshop and Toonboom, although it may be happening in everything, those are just the programs I've been using the most lately. Have also tried removing prefs and uninstalling/reinstalling drivers with no success. It doesn't break anything, but it is quite annoying!

*EDIT* sorry, forgot to say I'm on a windows 7 64 bit machine
GarethAxford

Postby Wacom » Wed 15. Feb 2012, 12:20

There might be some interference on the hardware level. I suggest to move the tablet away from other electrical devices (monitor, laptop, power supply, another tablet), and test if it makes a difference.
Wacom

Postby Alexandria » Sat 18. Feb 2012, 19:38

I have a brand new iMac 3.4 GHz, 16GB of memory and an AMD Radeon graphics card and I have this same problem running photoshop. It literally makes it impossible to work. Is there NO solution?
Alexandria

Postby Alexandria » Sat 18. Feb 2012, 21:26

As I am struggling to trouble shoot this, does anyone else experiencing this problem have:

A metal desk
Wireless keyboard / mouse
Alexandria

Postby GarethAxford » Tue 21. Feb 2012, 14:29

Hi Alexandria, It seems like it's a faulty pen problem, I've replaced mine and the new pen seems to work perfectly. As it was through a reseller I had to replace the whole unit, not just the pen, but I'm currently on the old screen with the new pen and it doesn't seem to be right clicking itself at all. I'd see if you can get a replacement pen.
GarethAxford

Return to Cintiq / PL

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu