Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

how to get my cintiq display more then just the background

how to get my cintiq display more then just the background

Postby miriam » Wed 8. Apr 2009, 00:50

Hi there,

I hope this is the right place to ask.

I just installed my cintiq 12WX. I installed it on my new Imac computer

It seems to work as in: the display works, it shows the background wallpaper, but not much more.

When I set up my preferences for the pen and tablet (which I do on my imac screen), I am able to Calibrate the cintiq on the screen. When I do so I go to that screen with the pen, calibrate, click on ' okay' and the calibration screen shuts down. But my cursor stays on the cinteq screen and doesn't let me get back to the imac. Even though I have set up this toggle button on the cinteq. (Because I am pretty new to this I don't know else what to do then getting the cursor back on my imac screen by turning the cinteq off first).

I don't get buttons, program links or anything other then the wallpaper on my Cintiq, and I can't find a way to get it to work.

Maybe I just misread the manual. Maybe I missed out on something. I tried to find the answer on google as well, but I just cannot find a solution since it seems that it's never mentioned.

I installed the latest driver for this Cintiq, but nothing changed.

How can I get to draw on my Cinteq? Can anyone help me? :/
It feels so stupid not to be able to find out.

xx

Miriam
miriam

Re: how to get my cintiq display more then just the background

Postby Drew Baker » Wed 8. Apr 2009, 02:41

Your Cintiq should work just like any second monitor. If you're having trouble with the display toggle you should be able to use your mouse to drag program windows between your main monitor and Cintiq. (With your pen away from your Cintiq, of course.)

You should be able to set where the Cintiq is relative to your main monitor -- above, below, to the left or right -- in your display settings. I'd recommend getting that sorted before moving on to display toggle and other setting issues.

Good luck,

--Drew
Drew Baker

Postby miriam » Wed 8. Apr 2009, 07:55

Ah thanks

thanks to your post I found out what the cause was.
The Cintiq was located directly under my apple screen, but the arrangement on the imac was set up for a double screen that was settled on the right.

No wonder I couldn't drag things, because I was dragging them down instead of to the right.
I have changed that now. Nice :D :D

It might've also caused the toggle prolblems, I was probably not looking at the right place for it.
Thanks very much for taking the time to answer. (So happy that it was just working fine to begin with, haha).
miriam

Postby Drew Baker » Fri 10. Apr 2009, 03:10

I'm glad everything's working.

--Drew
Drew Baker

Return to Cintiq / PL

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu