Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Bamboo Dock installation failures on Windows

Bamboo Dock installation failures on Windows

Postby Wacom1 » Wed 25. Jan 2012, 15:51

In some cases the installation of Bamboo from CD fails.
Or the installation of Bamboo Dock from the standalone installer fails.

In most cases it is an older installation of Adobe AIR causing the installer to fail.
Wacom is working on a new Bamboo Dock version which will avoid these issues.
To help you quickly we have created a small program which cleans Windows from leftovers of Adobe AIR.
This enables you to install Bamboo Dock with Adobe AIR.

Note:Perform a backup of your system or create a system restore point before proceeding to ensure that no data is lost! There can be problems especially when using Symantec security software.

This is how to use it:
  1. Download and extract the archive BambooDockUninstall.zip to a place on your harddisk
  2. Run BambooDockUninstall.exe from the extracted archive:
    On Windows Vista and Windows 7 start BambooDockUninstall.exe with "Run as administrator" from the context menu.
    On Windows XP log in with an Administrator account and run BambooDockUninstall.exe.
  3. Install the Dock. This can be done over the CD, the full installer or the single Bamboo Dock installation (http://bamboodock.wacom.com/)
Wacom1

Re: Bamboo Dock installation failures on Windows

Postby mrspianomanb » Sat 28. Apr 2012, 15:52

This still does not work for me. I still get the same error about Adobe Air causing the installation to fail.
mrspianomanb

Postby Artyjax » Sat 28. Apr 2012, 21:16

Thanks for the help! At first I used the dock installer from the disk and it didn't work, so I used the one on this thread. Using the online installer rather than the one supplied with the tablet worked! I think it might be because the online installer is a newer version. So try that before giving up. ;) Thanks guys.
Artyjax

Postby denniss » Mon 17. Jun 2013, 20:44

Hello,

I work in an I.T. department. One of my users called wanting this software installed. I got the error about Adobe Air when trying to install. I removed Adobe Air from their system and tried again, I got the same error. After reading on Google I eventually found this site. I ran this program and then installed fresh, and this time it worked. I was happy for a moment.

However... it also destroyed the user's copy of Microsoft Office. Word, Excel, Outlook etc, none of them would launch any more. When I went to Control Panel / Programs and Features to reinstall Office - only 4 programs were listed as being installed on the PC (Adobe Air, .Net, and two Nvidia Drivers). There should have been dozens listed. This litle app not only nuked Adobe Air - it destroyed registry entries for EVERY application installed on the PC. I am now forced to reimage the machine to undo the damage this program has caused.

(Win7 Enterprise x64 w/ Office 2010)

USE THIS POORLY WRITTEN TOOL AT YOUR OWN RISK.
denniss

Postby Wacom » Tue 18. Jun 2013, 07:38

We have reports that this can happen if Symantec Security software is used. Therefore we recommend a backup of the system and restore point before using the tool.
Wacom

Postby denniss » Tue 18. Jun 2013, 14:54

Wacom wrote:We have reports that this can happen if Symantec Security software is used. Therefore we recommend a backup of the system and restore point before using the tool.

Yes, we use Symantec Endpoint Protection. Your warning is too little and too late.
denniss

Postby Wacom » Wed 19. Jun 2013, 08:16

We have the warning note included in the original post here. - As we are not sure, if the conflict is only with Symantec software, we did not mention that specifically, but I will edit the text in that respect now.
Wacom

Postby a19957143 » Fri 19. Jul 2013, 07:39

Any solution yet?? I already had all the issues listed here and nothing seems to work...I very frustrated aboaut this software....
a19957143

Postby Wacom » Fri 19. Jul 2013, 07:45

There is no other solution known. In all known cases the issue could be resolved by the steps provided here - or by a re-installation of Windows. We cannot fix it, when something in a system is not as it should be. The problem is not a normal reproducable issue. - If you have Norton Security on the machine, disable it and make a system backup, then run the recommended script.
Wacom

Postby ShirlAnn » Wed 22. Jan 2014, 12:51

OH MY GOD!! I am NOT using ANY Symantic software and this little program nuked all of my installed programs. :( :( :( I'm running Windows 7, my machine is (was?) loaded with professional software that I do NOT have the discs to reinstall.

WHAT do I do now????? This Bamboo tablet is NOT worth what I am going through. I cannot believe you did not test this program on systems NOT using anything Symantic. It has destroyed all the programs on my computer.

I AM VERY, VERY, VERY UNHAPPY. PLEASE, someone help me fix this!!!???? I will NEVER purchase another Wacom product if THIS is the best you can do to help us get a simple installation program for the tablet installed.

UNREAL!

Shirl Talbott
UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER

ps... the system restore point I created prior to running this program will not work. I can't get ANY restore points to work. :( This is a nightmare, all over a simple bit of software that should have installed on the first try.
ShirlAnn

Next

Return to Frequently Asked Questions

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu