Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

CTH-470/K unstable with Wireless Kit

CTH-470/K unstable with Wireless Kit

Postby ttatin » Fri 17. Feb 2012, 15:58

Hello
My Bamboo Pen&Touch was great with its USB connection cable but since I bought a wireless kit I have a lot of issues

-The device is very unstable, not responding when return from sleep mode
-The cursor moves in touch mode is not smooth as with the cable connexion

I'm very disappointed with this kit
Can it be a hardware or software/driver issue ?

I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
ttatin

Re: CTH-470/K unstable with Wireless Kit

Postby Wacom » Fri 17. Feb 2012, 17:50

There shouldn't be hardly any differences in wireless mode. It just replaces the cable. - It could be possible, that you have something disturbing the signal - f.e. a Bluetooth/Wifi dongle or another wireless device. If that is too close I think it can have an influence. I would also try different USB ports.
Wacom

Postby lofirst » Tue 21. Feb 2012, 08:38

Hi,

I've got exactly the same issue... When my MacbookPro wake-up from sleep mode, I loose the connection with my bamboo tablet very often and cannot get it back. I need to restart the computer. Sometimes, I have to reconnect via USB to get the tablet back otherwise it does not work. The wifi connection is not very stable on my side. I don't have bluetooth activated. I don't have any other device or dongle close to my mac...

Don't know what is happening but it is very frustrating and I was going to send my tablet back to support before reading this forum. I hope my testimonial can help and we will get a solution from the support team :-) Otherwise, I will send it back as it is my favorite working tool!

Thanks in advance
lofirst

Postby Wacom » Tue 21. Feb 2012, 14:51

After waking up from sleep, USB devices may behave strange: a keyboard or mouse may not work, devices may not connected. If you see the problem only after waking up from sleep, I do not thing it is a hardware problem with the wirelesskit or the tablet. Perhaps it is not getting as much energy as before. Sometimes drivers are not handling the situation smoothly. - You can try to reset or reload the driver: Goto -> applicazions -> Bamboo and remove the tablet settings or restore previously saved settings. This resets and restarts the tablet driver.
Wacom

Postby lofirst » Tue 21. Feb 2012, 15:13

Thanks for the tip. I will try again as it seems I did it already but did not seem to solve the issue. Let me check again and I will tell you.
Thx again!
lofirst

Return to Bamboo