Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Bamboo Dock installation failures on Windows

Bamboo Dock installation failures on Windows

Postby nikkyg » Thu 15. Mar 2012, 23:34

I tried the fix as mentioned and it wiped off the entire list of programs from my 'Programs And Features' control panel item. Are you sure this is what you wanted exactly?
Details
Initial Error: Adobe AIR Installation Error
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate
Installation Method: Compact Disc
Fix Tried: BambooDockUninstall.zip (following the instructions on the post)
Did it help: NO (I am still getting the same error)
To make it worse I don't even get my programs and features list to populate anymore.

Nick
nikkyg

Re: Bamboo Dock installation failures on Windows

Postby Wacom1 » Fri 16. Mar 2012, 08:50

This post related to viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8628 ( Bamboo Dock installation failures on Windows).
I split it into a separate topic for handling reasons.

Concerning your issue:
Did a reboot help to get the entries back?

Is your Windows 7 on the latest patch level?

We have surely tested the uninstaller we provide thoroughly and haven't found any issues. So I currently assume something system-specific in your case.
Wacom1

Postby Peter_6489 » Tue 3. Apr 2012, 14:35

nikkyg wrote:I tried the fix as mentioned and it wiped off the entire list of programs from my 'Programs And Features' control panel item. Are you sure this is what you wanted exactly?
Details
Initial Error: Adobe AIR Installation Error
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate
Installation Method: Compact Disc
Fix Tried: BambooDockUninstall.zip (following the instructions on the post)
Did it help: NO (I am still getting the same error)
To make it worse I don't even get my programs and features list to populate anymore.

Nick

Hi - just to support what Nick said: In my case:

1) BambooDockUninstall.zip screwed up my program list and, even worse: all my MS Office programs did not work any more. Had to do a reinstall after a manual uninstall of MS Office 2010

2) but the install of Bamboodock worked afterwords ...

What does your uninstall tool do precisely? I am still suffering from side effects.

Any info greatly appreciated!
Peter.

PS My system: Lenovo laptop Win7 64 bit
Peter_6489

Postby tonyw » Tue 10. Jul 2012, 15:54

I have had the same problem trying to load Bamboo Dock on Windows 7 home premium. The same system advice to remove any previous Dock software. Had none so I removed the Bamboo Pen & Touch software but got the same failure response trying to load Dock. Removing Pen &Touch also upset my Windows Explore software and I could not get on line. Fixed that by reloading Explore. Have put the software disk back in the drawer ro the time being!
Tony
tonyw

Postby Wacom » Fri 3. Aug 2012, 10:45

The BambooDock software is based on Adobe AIR. Sometimes the installation fails, because a previous AIR installation, that could not be removed properly. The Uninstallkit removes that restriction and should only affect AIR installations. As far as I know, it searches for some files to remove on the system and for some registry entries. That should not have any effect on Office installations. So I don't know, what went wrong.
Wacom

Postby ragnaroktomorrow » Fri 24. Aug 2012, 04:50

I'm having the exact same issues and I'm wishing I hadn't tried that Uninstaller referenced above. I'm fairly certain it hosed up my registry.

I also only see a subset of my programs in the Programs and Features list. I also am having the issue where the Start Menu Microsoft Office shortcuts no longer work. The Office executables run fine though. All symptoms point to the registry...

I got into this mess in the first place because I had started using my tablet again after a few months respite and the pen input wasn't working. After reinstalling the software, the touch input stopped working after a day. Reinstalling again led to the dock being invisible (as some have complained about before).

If you can come up with a way to reverse the damage I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd rather not have to reinstall windows and reload all my programs from the past few years.

Windows 7 Professional x64
ragnaroktomorrow

Postby Wacom » Fri 24. Aug 2012, 08:01

I am afraid there is no option to reverse the process. The Fakeuninstall is only for situations where the regular installation hangs when trying to uninstall Air and that fails because something is already 'messed up'. If you have an older restore point on the system, it might help to go back to that. You can also try the Fixit software from Microsoft, which is supposed to correct a number of such problems automatically, but there is no garantee.
Wacom

Postby ragnaroktomorrow » Fri 24. Aug 2012, 21:23

fortunately windows had performed a backup after a java install a few days ago so everything is fixed now. I'm going to perform additional backups before attempting to get the tablet to work again.

The weirdest thing about these problems is my tablet worked excellent when I first bought it last year.

I'll start a thread if I continue to be unable to rectify the situation.
ragnaroktomorrow

Postby mikhelee » Mon 24. Sep 2012, 11:23

I'm having the exact same issues and I'm wishing I hadn't tried that Uninstaller referenced above. I'm fairly certain it hosed up my registry.
jimmgiht
mikhelee

Postby MargotHS » Thu 29. Nov 2012, 10:00

Hi there,
I have the same issue. My dock won't install and suggests it has something to do with an older version of the software. That isn't there, and after reading this forum I'm not keen on uninstalling anything. Is there a known solution to this? Thanks.
MargotHS

Next

Return to Bamboo Dock/Link/Space