Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Intuos 5 - Replacement Sheets and accessoires

Intuos 5 - Replacement Sheets and accessoires

Postby Rasmus » Mon 26. Mar 2012, 10:30

Hi there,

i've recently jumped from my good old Intuos2 to and Intuos5 and now i'm wondering when there will be replacement cover sheets available for the L sized units (...and if there will be any at all since it's meant to retain is touch functionality !?! Please don't tell me you can't change the sheet anymore?!) I would be especially happy about a less rough surface alternative as i totally dislike what you call "paper feel" ;)...it's just a pain in the a...hand.
Also i wonder if and what other devices are planned like airbrush and stuff?

best regards,
Rasmus
Rasmus

Re: Intuos 5 - Replacement Sheets and accessoires

Postby Wacom » Mon 26. Mar 2012, 13:14

All the Intuos4 devices (Grip pen, Classic Pen, Inking Pen, Airbrush, Artpen, Mouse) are compatible and are available for Intuos5 tablets. The surface can be replaced, but because of the integrated touch electronics you cannot do that yourself. However, we will offer that as a service at a nominal fee.
Wacom

Postby Rasmus » Mon 26. Mar 2012, 13:52

Let's assume i don't use any touch capability anyway ( Unfortunately Wacom does not offer any non-touch "L" tablets...why not ???) Apart from this, is there a way i can exchange the sheet myself? Are the Intuos4 Glide sheets compatible as well?

best regards,
Rasmus
Rasmus

Postby Wacom » Mon 26. Mar 2012, 15:22

The surface with integrated touch is not exchangable by the user. You can of course put another sheet of plastic or paper on top and disable the touch function. - If you do not use touch, you could also get an Intuos4 L (or WL if you want it wireless). The tablet technology, resolution and pressure sensitivity are the same.
Wacom

Postby sanderud » Thu 5. Apr 2012, 13:34

Will there be surfaces with less friction available or only replacement of existing surface (I also dislike the surface on the intous 5 touch)? Roughly how much will it cost? I am in the state of returning my new intous 5 touch if there won't be possibility to switch to less friction surface for a reasonable price. Thanks!
sanderud

Postby purikura » Fri 6. Apr 2012, 11:41

on the surface sheet thing - I've just purchased intuos 5 m-no touch, and I must say I'm underwhelmed by surface quality in this model.
it feels much worse than intuos 3 friction overlay, or original intuos 4 surface (that I briefly tested, though).
very artificial, cheap and plactic-ish; friction feels forced and unnatural (and I must say I loved extra friction for intuos 3, it had an amazing layer of extra coating on top)

however, that's the only part of intuos 5 experience I'm really disappointed in so far.
maybe it will get better when surface wears out, but
if you consider making a non-friction surface or bringing back the original intuos 4 cover, as a separately sold kind of overlay, I'd be very happy.

don't listen to morons who can't afford 10 euro pen nib packs, strive for the better user experience and quality.
I think it's more reasonable to keep cost-saving measures for bamboo line, and concentrate on the better tactile feedback for intuos, even at the cost of extra nibs.
purikura

Postby kwamey » Fri 4. May 2012, 07:24

I just bought an Intuos 5 medium 2 weeks ago, and I'm very disapointed of the surface quality. I've been very careful, using it with light pressure, but already the surface grain has turned glossy polished in some areas. Now, it's grainy on the corners, and glossy under my hand. I'm afraid in 2 more weeks I might see my desk thru.
kwamey

Postby purikura » Mon 7. May 2012, 12:53

late intuos 4 surface becomes ugly glossy at some point, but at the same time, it's stopping the nib wear almost completely, and doesn't get worn anymore at all.
I guess it's the same with intuos 5.

personally I'd be a bit happy when my surface gets polished, brand new i5 surface is terrible.
purikura

Return to Intuos / Intuos Pro